Hatching Cotter nix Quails

they are a bit different to chickens, I learned this on my own
1f606.png
they can begin popping as young as 16 days, usually around 17-18 though....they're VERY active, be extremely careful when transporting chicks into the brooder because they will jump! they're very adventurous and lively....they also require a good amount of protein in their food; I like to keep my birds as close to natural as possible, I make my own chick starter and supplement daily with small insects like pill bugs.....as for the brooder itself, you don't need to put pebbles in the water as some people may tell you; as long as the water dish is not under/above the heat source and isn't a full container, they'll be fine....also, for the first few days, try putting paper towel down over the bedding and sprinkle your chick starter on that, makes it easier for them to see the food and eat it, though you may need to tap or use an older bird to convince them

Thank you very much! There so cute!! i have them with my baby silkies that hatched a couple days ago and they always cuddle together and are adorable. Yes they are very jumpy lol Thank you so much though for all of the info so far they are all doing so well!!

I would add they mature faster than bobwhite quail. Coturnix quail, if you're raising them for meat, can be ready to eat in about 8 weeks. If you want to use them for eggs, ditto. Of course, if you're breeding them, it may be a couple more months until the eggs are fertile. Good luck!

Thank you very much! There so cute!! i have them with my baby silkies that hatched a couple days ago and they always cuddle together and are adorable. Yes they are very jumpy lol Thank you so much though for all of the info so far they are all doing so well!!

aww! That's wonderful to hear!
1f60d.png
congratulations! I've just hatched a bunch of chicks of my own only the other day, they're just the sweetest little buggers ever

Back
Top Bottom