hatching day problems

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Daxen, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Daxen

Daxen New Egg

Feb 17, 2017
    hi everyone, sorry in advance for my bad english but i'm italian. i'm having some problems with my eggs. i have 8 eggs in my homemade incubator, I candled them until day 18 and everything was just fine, the embryos developed good. then i stopped turning them and set the humidity to 50% circa. yesteday 2 of them started hatching, one picked a little crack, and the other one was out with the tip of the beck. then they stopped moving till today. so i cracked one of them open, and i found the fully developed chick dead :( with something veiny attached to his belly i guess. i think is the yolk maybe not fully absorbed. i don't know. anyway, now is the end of 21st day and just one of the remaning 6 eggs started cracking the egg but unfortunatly on the wrong verse, the one without the air sack.. and suddently stopped moving as the others 2 did.. i don't know what could be or what to possibly do to save the other 5 eggs... and i'm pretty sure that at least 2 out of the remaning 5 are alive cause i sas them rocking..

2. Daxen

Daxen New Egg

Feb 17, 2017
    actually right now i'm seeing the egg cracking on the wrong part trying to push to break the membrane. i hope i can make his way trough without troubles for the lack of air

3. BantyChooks

BantyChooks Sing Brightly Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 1, 2015
    North
    My Coop
    I would bump humidity up to about 65% RH, that's pretty low... Good luck.

4. BantyChooks

BantyChooks Sing Brightly Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 1, 2015
    North
    My Coop
    What size are the air cells?

5. Daxen

Daxen New Egg

Feb 17, 2017
    i'm not sure right now, but last time i checked they seemed normal to me. thank you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by