Hatching Duck eggs....I messed up...UPDATE.....#1

It's confirmed...Daisy has 8 Ducklings....I will try to get pictures today of them?...Everytime I get close she calls them back under her....:barnie.....She sure loves her Ducklings...She takes them to the food and water I put out for them....She does not touch the wet soupy food I put out for the Ducklings...She eats her own food ....I put it in a taller bowl so the Ducklings cant get into it....
So far everything is great.......

I cant wait to put pictures of them on here.....:wee

IMG_2519.JPG
IMG_2522.JPG
Bouncer and Samantha..

Also, I have a bit of a sad question:

I have a friend who also has ducks. She has had two ducks for a long time; her parents bought them when she was little.
The ducks imprinted on each other, and have been part of the family for a long time. But recently, Chip (one of the ducks) died of natural causes... She just got old. :(
They miss having her around, but Flake (The other duck) is heartbroken. She hangs around the porch, quacks a lot, and is miserable... But the family doesn't want to raise more ducks for her to bond with, even though they hate her sadness. So they are stuck with a sad predicament.

What would you do, in this situation? They feel horrible about Flake but have no clue what to do :(

Back
Top Bottom