hatching ducks

I have tried them (and mother & sis in laws have) in turner, in carton, and laying flat.
We've tried misting and regular methods with humidity.

I don't think it matters really. Ducks lay them flat, but we found no difference in incubating.
Only got 4 out of 30 one time, incubating all 28 days, in turner and carton.
Got nearly 100% hatch incubating 23 days and putting them under a hen the rest.

But thats call ducks. I'm not sure about regular ducks.

Do you have ducks in your bator? I have learned a hard lesson. When you are told they need higher humidity, THEY NEED HIGHER HUMIDITY. I lost 10 ducks this last hatch because I couldn't keep the humidity up enough.

Agree with Debi. I actually do the cool mist method and had my best hatchs ever that way....Days 6 to 24 I spray the eggs twice a day - heavily with a sprayers and leave the lid off the stryo foam for roughly 15 minutes then put it back on . This imitates the mom going off nest to eat and take care of business! 21 of 23 hatch this way! Works for me!!! Happy hatching and have a blesssed day! Nancy

-------------------------------------------------

Our current auctions:

Bonus Lavendar Orpington Eggs & 10+ Blue/Black/Splash Orpington Eggs
10+ Blue Cooper Marans & Splash Marans (Mostly Blues!) eggs
12+ Buff Orpington Hatching Eggs
10+ Crested and Non Crested Pekin Duck Eggs - No Reserve!
[URL]https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=436662] Pickup only - Pure Coronation Sussex Rooster at the Point of Crowing![/url]

i have eggs in my still air lg. my humidity is fine and holding 65% that was the easy part. the room i have it in is 35% humdity and a stable 65. my thermotors are wacky. this morning my dig says 93 and lg one says 102/103. could this me air pockets because of still air?

Back
Top Bottom