Hatching Muskovy duck eggs for the first time

HE HATCHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wee :jumpy :celebratešŸ„³ He is a beautiful fluffy black color, with a yellow chest. He hatched at 1:30 in the morning, and he's about 13 hours old. I've named him Wiggles, since he wiggled around so much in the egg. SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!:celebrate I still have another egg, so wish me luck! We also just got 2 other ducklings to keep him company, one is a Pekin and the other I don't know.

HE HATCHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wee :jumpy :celebratešŸ„³ He is a beautiful fluffy black color, with a yellow chest. He hatched at 1:30 in the morning, and he's about 13 hours old. I've named him Wiggles, since he wiggled around so much in the egg. SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!:celebrate I still have another egg, so wish me luck! We also just got 2 other ducklings to keep him company, one is a Pekin and the other I don't know.
Sooooooo happy to hear this!!!!! Congratulations my friend!!!! Great job on the hatch. Keep up the good work.

Do you have a picture? I don't think I have seen that color in a muscovy duckling.

Miss Lydia has always put my pictures on here and I am not sure who the Momma was. It might have been my Khaki Campbell since it only took 29 days to hatch. I ended up rehoming it since it was a male and I had an opportunity to do that. Sorry. If I knew where my pictures of my ducks were on here you would see him.
So sorry, I thought that question was directed to me, lol. I just realized that you wanted a picture of her duckling.

Wiggles is also a Hinny. He came from our Cayuga drake, and one of the female Muscovies. Here's a picture:
image.jpg

Miss Lydia has always put my pictures on here and I am not sure who the Momma was. It might have been my Khaki Campbell since it only took 29 days to hatch. I ended up rehoming it since it was a male and I had an opportunity to do that. Sorry. If I knew where my pictures of my ducks were on here you would see him.
That's fine. :) I had thought it was a muscovy, and was curious what it looked like. If it was a mix or another breed than that would explain the different coloring.

Back
Top Bottom