hatching early?

Quote:
Thanks!!!
smile.png
I can't believe my success with my first time using a bator. I was so worried I would kill them or they would have deformities. I would have felt so guilty!
hit.gif

I will try to be patient and wait until later in the day (soooooooo HARD!) I guess they don't mind being a little crowded??
hmm.png

I really wanted this last one to hatch since it is from the smallest EE hen, she just caught my heart.

It's hard to take more pics since the bator is full of "not still for a minute" chicks and the condensation/tiny fuzz is on the inside of the dome.

I can't stop going in there all the time, it's like a bug attracted to a bug zapper!

We all know what you mean. And that is a great hatch rate.

I have shrink-wrapped a chick before by opening the bator while it was hatching. They can easily go 48 hours without food and water. Most that are shipped in the mail go longer and do fine. I'd certainly leave them in there and give the other one a chance to hatch before I took them out.

I think she meant drinking for herself.
wink.png
And by all means, get yourself a Bloody Mary!
lol.png

I was fortunate that my two hatched within 30 minutes of each other. Although it happened at 1AM and I was half asleep. So they stayed in the bator until morning. That way they were mostly dry. My second attempt at hatching is coming up soon, and I am so nervous!

Come on little baby chick! Come out with your brother and sisters!

Yea, I did mean for myself
wink.png
Bottoms up!!

If the chicks want to toast their birthdays by all means. I don't like to drink alone...
jumpy.gif

Pip egg Pip!!! You can do it!

Too bad we couldn't all Skype each other and have a toast (or a piece of toast for non-drinkers) when we have a successful event.

We need a BYC chat & live video feed.
thumbsup.gif

I have a brinsea mini adv as well, and my first hatch was a full day early too! It was a good hatch tho, and zipping went perfectly, but I still worried. So my temps for that hatch were perfect, the bator was set at 99.5.

I decided for my second hatch to turn it down to 99.3 and this time I had my only chick hatch (was only one in there) a few hours before day 21. Again a healthy chick, so I think I will leave it here and just be prepared early
tongue.png

My temps were set at 99.6 and went to 99.5 occasionally. I never saw it lower than that unless I had the lid off. And then it shot back up to 99.5 or 6 within seconds. I only had two fertile eggs, but both of those hatched. One was even accidentally put in a fridge for about 24 hours before I rescued it and set it! I'm very impressed with the Brinsea!

Dillard, I think you might be on to something there.
wink.png
Actually, they do make programs online where you can set up a webcam and stream stuff like that. I did it when my mare was foaling. I think it was marestare.com. It was a lot cheaper than I thought it was going to be, only like $20 for the month! If someone had a lot of staggered hatches, it would be way cool to watch "Chickcam!"
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom