hatching early?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by DillardHome, Jan 21, 2011.

1. DillardHome

DillardHome Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    Claxton, GA
    Hello,

I have 7 EE eggs in my Brinsea Mini Advance. I placed them in the incubator on January 1. Yesterday I hit the day 2 countdown so I did what the user's guide instructed: turning tray off, remove tray, place paper towels under eggs & fill both pots with water. From what I can determine the day change happens around 12:30pm on the countdown. So technically my due date is tomorrow, plus that will be the 21st day.

However, I looked at the eggs today (in the incubator) and I have two pipping already! And I can hear little chirping [​IMG]
    I have kept the temp between 99.5 - 99.6 since the first day per the user's guide suggestion. (it states between 99.3 - 99.6)

Is it "normal" to have an early hatch? Did I do something wrong? And will there be deformities? [​IMG]

<biting my nails>

2. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    I have heard on here that this can happen. Congratulations. [​IMG]

3. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    My Bantam Ameraucana usually hatch a DAY EARLY !! When they start they really hatch fast . Good Luck and don't forget pictures !!!

4. stampntam

stampntam Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Spring Grove, PA
    I have the same bator and I just had my first hatch too, I think you will be fine. Mine hatched early too. I set my eggs on Dec 31 and they hatched yesterday. they pipped on the 19th and it took more than 24 hours for them to start zippin. Good Luck!!!!

5. DillardHome

Sep 2, 2009
    Claxton, GA
    Quote:Thank you!!! [​IMG] This is my first time using an incubator and I am a worry wart!

6. DillardHome

Sep 2, 2009
    Claxton, GA
    Quote:[​IMG] yea I'm so eggcited!!! Thanks [​IMG]

7. DillardHome

Sep 2, 2009
    Claxton, GA
    Quote:Thanks for the insight!! If you didn't state how long it could take for them to zip I would be a mess with worry! [​IMG]
    Thanks for the luck [​IMG]

8. blefky

blefky life in the yard

Mar 18, 2010
    stamford, ct
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    Better early then late. Late hatchers are sometimes weak.

10. domino7

domino7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    I set eggs on the first also, and they are hatching right now too. I'm so excited!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by