Hatching eggs 2 weeks apart

gimmie birdies

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Feb 12, 2013
Eastern WA
I have done this before, but here we go. I was checking to see if my eggs were fertile (4), so bought 2 doz from the health food store I have hatched before, and the farm is close to home. Of the doz. I chose 7 best ones to set, and we ate the other eggs. Well at that time my eggs were not fertile yet, but I continued incubating the 7. Just recently I found out at least 2 of mine are fertile (2-4 days along) in with this group, along with the 7 (almost 2 weeks along.) (5 others are too soon to know.)
darf.PNG

They are in this farm innovator incubator. I like it.
dare.PNG

the store eggs that are developed are centered, my eggs are on the ends and above the group. They are resting in egg cups but it doesn't turn any longer. Since I have to wait on eggs I thought I would buy more eggs from the health food store, they are not always available and sell out fast. It was also cheaper to buy than ordering off Ebay.

dara.PNG

These were 22 bucks. I am putting them in 2 incubators I have that are homemade.
dard.PNG
dar.PNG

Awesome!:)
Hey wasn't it you @gimmie birdies that had the pink cockerel? He was a lavender orp/ameraucana cross if I remember correctly! You had posted a photo of him on the Hatch along a few months ago! :)
Oh, and how did your avatar babies feather out? Just wondering!

Everyone is doing well, thanks for asking. I have 3 of my birds eggs in incubator possibly Pinky's babies, that are developing, I put all the health food store eggs I got yesterday in the large incubator. My 3 avitars babies are doing well, they look to be all female, sometimes the pea comb is hard to tell though. I plan on keeping regardless. 2 frizzle, one smooth.

I hope your chickens and projects are going well!

pinkac.PNG

This is Pinky - now Rick above. he is more faded pink now.
Below are one of the frizzles and the smooth from avitar. on a 100+ deg day.
pinko.PNG

Frizzle is "Nell", and the smooth is "Mel." Belle is the one not on camera.

double.PNG

One of my eggs is a double yolk-er, I know they say don't set them- I have only gotten to day ten with them, but I am gunna set all eggs... haha. I will post another pic in a few days for doubters that lurk.

Last edited:
The eggs I got from the heath food store-3 weeks ago were fertile ( have hatched their eggs many times), and since my eggs became fertile and were 2 weeks behind the store eggs, and i didn't have very many of my own yet to set, I bought those 3 doz. pic above... But I found out the last 3 doz. were not fertile, seems like they got rid of roosters. Anyhow, here are the eggs from 3 weeks ago...
dou.PNG

and below my eggs are 2 weeks behind...
douba.PNG

Attachments

• dou.PNG
    dou.PNG
    627.9 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom