Hatching Eggs!!!: 40+ Breeds to choose from: Starting at $3/each

Is there a cut off date in winter for ordering your hatching eggs? Not sure if you have an expected drop off in production, or if you continue to produce fertile eggs through the cold months? :) Thanks

Is there a cut off date in winter for ordering your hatching eggs? Not sure if you have an expected drop off in production, or if you continue to produce fertile eggs through the cold months? :) Thanks
yes, it's coming up pretty soon. quite a few breeds are dropping egg production. I will not put lights on them this winter and will gradually be turning out more and more breeds each week to free range. There are also a free breeds that I won't be breeding in the spring to make room for some new breeds coming in. So, if you communicate with me soon, I may be able to get you what you are looking for. I have already turned out the Silver Laced wyandottes, light sussex, and merged the cuckoo silkies with a BBS silkie/sizzle pen. I am probably forgetting a few others. :)

yes, it's coming up pretty soon.  quite a few breeds are dropping egg production.  I will not put lights on them this winter and will gradually be turning out more and more breeds each week to free range.  There are also a free breeds that I won't be breeding in the spring to make room for some new breeds coming in.  So, if you communicate with me soon, I may be able to get you what you are looking for.  I have already turned out the Silver Laced wyandottes, light  sussex, and merged the cuckoo silkies with a BBS silkie/sizzle pen.  I am probably forgetting a few others.  :)
Would you please let us know what you will no longer be breeding so I can decide if I need to panic or not, LOL! :sick

Quote: ha ha, :) I am not exactly sure. some of the breeds I am trying to sell off and some I am just gonna keep in my free range flock so that I can breed them again or rotate them through with some of the less frequently ordered breeds. But, SLW, LS, and generally a lot of the silkies are on the potential chopping block. :) I am also considering selling off my speckled sussex flock. I will be selling my lavender orp flock and replacing it with pure english lavender orps. I also have cuckoo, red, crele, and white english orps coming available. I will be selling my bantam chocolate orps as well. And adding a second pen of LF project Choc orps as my chocolate pullets are above standard hatchery orp size now and I will breed them to a massive english black orp roo. So, the chicks coming out of that pen in spring should be amazing. I am considering turning out my marans as I have a lavender marans project underway and should have layers soon. Hmmm, my penciled cochin project is getting canned. I have just lost interest so I will turn those out or sell them. What else? I have stopped the white ameracaunas as there have been leg color issues and I don't have the patience to deal with it. I will merge my SFHs to one pen to open up space for Bielefelders. A new breed I will have soon are buff laced polish LF. They will hopefully lay any day and have been separated out for a few weeks. OH, the MF leghorns are probably gonna go. I have lost interest. I just like the bigger birds generally speaking. Sorry, free flow thinking there.... Keeping basically all orps, auto sexing breeds, and partridge brahmas. :) Hope that's as clear as mud!!!

Aw, man, I wish I could get down to Redding! You're going to be getting rid of most of what I was wanting to order from you, and I can't afford shipping on started birds
hit.gif
My husband was questioning going 2 hours away for chickens--5 hours, when we're not going to Redding for some other reason anyway, is most definitely out.

ha ha, :)   I am not exactly sure.  some of the breeds I am trying to sell off and some I am just gonna keep in my free range flock so that I can breed them again or rotate them through with some of the less frequently ordered breeds.   But, SLW, LS, and generally a lot of the silkies are on the potential chopping block.  :)  I am also considering selling off my speckled sussex flock.  I will be selling my lavender orp flock and replacing it with pure english lavender orps.  I also have cuckoo, red, crele, and white english orps coming available.  I will be selling my bantam chocolate orps as well. And adding a second pen of LF project Choc orps as my chocolate pullets are above standard hatchery orp size now and I will breed them to a massive english black orp roo.  So, the chicks coming out of that pen in spring should be amazing.  I am considering turning out my marans as I have a lavender marans project underway and should have layers soon.   Hmmm, my penciled cochin project is getting canned.  I have just lost interest so I will turn those out or sell them.  What else?  I have stopped the white ameracaunas as there have been leg color issues and I don't have the patience to deal with it.  I will merge my SFHs to one pen to open up space for Bielefelders.  A new breed I will have soon are buff laced polish LF.  They will hopefully lay any day and have been separated out for a few weeks. OH, the MF leghorns are probably gonna go.  I have lost interest.  I just like the bigger birds generally speaking.  Sorry, free flow thinking there....  Keeping basically all orps, auto sexing breeds, and partridge brahmas.  :)  Hope that's as clear as mud!!!
Rhodebars are staying right???? I have been sitting on my debit card for weeks... I desperately NEED your Rhodebars and Blue/Gold Partridge Brahmas :D But with shipping etc I have been making myself wait till Spring so DH's head doesn't explode, LOL!

Back
Top Bottom