Hatching Eggs!!!: 40+ Breeds to choose from: Starting at $3/each

You have cream legbars?
droolin.gif
Yes! :) They are one of the few breeds that are actually laying with some consistency right now. :)

I'm in Penna and a bit nervous about cross country shipping. What are your experiences? I've had some 0 hatches from poorly packaged eggs within state...and silkies seem to ship poorly also... Do you think 2 dozen are safer to ship than 6 eggs?

I got a shipment from Jeff(Papa) last spring and had an excellent hatch rate. He also included extras and when you counted the results against what I actually ordered the net was north of 75%. I got multiple breeds in my order. That said, there are no guaranties with shipped eggs so it is really hard to predict success . I can say that the eggs were fertile, they were packed perfectly and arrived on time. The quality of the chicks i got was excellent as well. BTW I live in NJ so the distance was comparable.

Hey, thanks! That's promising! I've had some bad hatches from shipped eggs, especially silkies. I'm really after he cream legbars and can't find them closer to home on the east coast. Papa has such a great reputation that I'm afraid I'll over buy and have too many! Uh, always room for more! Might even add a few silkies! Thanks!

I live an hour and a half west of Redding Ca. I was wondering if I could pick up a few chicks the next time I go to town? I am interested in your Swedish Flower,Favorelle and Marans. Thanks.

If I were to order on a Thursday night what day of the week would they arrive?
Sorry, hard to answer. Depends on where you are located. Depends on if I have the eggs you want available. Generally shipping takes 2-3 days for most of the country. However I have had it take 5 and once it took 10 days because they lost the package and then decided to suddenly find it 10 days later. But generally speaking if I ship on a monday, eggs are usually there by thursday probably 80% of the time. If you give me some more specifics I can probably answer the question better. :)

I live an hour and a half west of Redding Ca. I was wondering if I could pick up a few chicks the next time I go to town? I am interested in your Swedish Flower,Favorelle and Marans. Thanks.
Absolutely. I have marans and SFHs in the incubator to test hatch. Faverolles have not started laying yet. :-(

Back
Top Bottom