Hatching Eggs!!!: 40+ Breeds to choose from: Starting at $3/each

Here are the chicks we can't figure out...
1f609.png

Olive Egger?

Who knows?

Splash Marans (from rainbow pen)

We had wanted lavender Orpingtons and they weren't laying well so you sort of sent us a lot of really wonderful randoms...
What I remember: L/B, SLLO,BKCM, Biels and legbars and splash Marans (none made it to lockdown of the splash, yet, I think we got one from the rainbow pen eggs (you sent 4, one being the army green one I couldn't see through)...

We had wanted lavender Orpingtons and they weren't laying well so you sort of sent us a lot of really wonderful randoms...
What I remember: L/B, SLLO,BKCM, Biels and legbars and splash Marans (none made it to lockdown of the splash, yet, I think we got one from the rainbow pen eggs (you sent 4, one being the army green one I couldn't see through)...

from the list, the yellow chick would have to be from the rainbow pen, unless there are other eggs that were in there. there look to be a lavender split and and a lavender mottled in the bottom pictures, and silkie or a sizzle as well in the bottom picture.

Here are the chicks we can't figure out...
1f609.png

Splash Marans (from rainbow pen)
Go Trojans!! Sorry, I caught a glimpse of the SC and I see your location and figure either its a USC shirt/hoodie or I'm crazy. Beautiful chicks btw, sorry I am not much help ID'ing them. But I couldn't help myself. Now I'll wait quietly in this thread for the Lavender Marans to become fertile this year.

Last edited:
Are your Auto-Sexing OEs laying and fertile?
And what can you tell me about the auto-sexing part, I assume you don't mean sex-linked, you're knowledgeable enough to not market sex-linked as auto-sexing. Does the auto-sexing gene come through from what I assume is a Legbar mother?

And what can you tell me about the auto-sexing part, I assume you don't mean sex-linked, you're knowledgeable enough to not market sex-linked as auto-sexing. Does the auto-sexing gene come through from what I assume is a Legbar mother?

I hope Papa doesn't mine me chiming in on part of this answer, but if you check Papa's Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PapasPoultry/ - he posts a weekly update about which breeds are laying and/or fertile. And per the update on the 10th, it appears one type of his Auto-Sexing OEs are laying & fertile and one type is not.

Last edited:
 Go Trojans!! Sorry, I caught a glimpse of the SC and I see your location and figure either its a USC shirt/hoodie or I'm crazy. Beautiful chicks btw, sorry I am not much help ID'ing them. But I couldn't help myself. Now I'll wait quietly in this thread for the Lavender Marans to become fertile this year. 

Fight On!!!
270c.png

Yes, one pen is. a legbar x golden cuckoo marans. the other pen is from rhodebars. both auto sexing so trait is carried to offspring.

Back
Top Bottom