Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They do when they're a rare species of poison dart frog, in this case they were Benedicta and I was having pretty good luck with breeding them.

These were nearly full grown.

Deb

Those are so cool for a frog! Deb I have two golden campines from you squawking in the incubator right now and 2 icelandics are pipped. The Lakenvelders are rocking but haven't busted out yet. So excited for all the new babies hatching today.

Your eggs are in the mail beehappy, sent you a pm
wink.png

Change of subject
I got my first polish egg today! ...although it was cracked. So ate it for breakfast and saw it was fertilized by my silkie Roo.

maybe I am not reading this right but how could you tell who it was fertilized by by eating it?

erp?

but congrats on the egg!!! how big was it?
I am always weighing my eggs...LOL never thought the weight of an egg would interest me at all until having chickens LOL

maybe I am not reading this right but how could you tell who it was fertilized by by eating it?

erp?

but congrats on the egg!!! how big was it?
I am always weighing my eggs...LOL never thought the weight of an egg would interest me at all until having chickens LOL

I was going to ask this question too but I think maybe a Silkie roo is the only roo they have in with that particular hen so it had to be him. I dunno
hu.gif

erp?

but congrats on the egg!!!  how big was it?
I am always weighing my eggs...LOL  never thought the weight of an egg would interest me at all until having chickens  LOL

Lol .....I was waiting for someone to ask that. Theyve been together in same coop for little over a month. ;)

Good morning everyone. I have gotten a ton of PM's about the re-swapping or selling of swaps for pp. every single one is against doing this due to the amount of record keeping it would involve. We are not going to allow this on any of our threads. While we can't control if you want your eggs sent to someone else we are not going to support this practice. The person who claimed the swap will remain the person of record and the person shipping eggs is only required to have contact with that person, unless arrangements are made with the sender. An example I have had a few people claim eggs for others, this if fine as long as the sender agrees to send the eggs to the 3 rd party.
We have also caught a swapper re-selling our eggs on e-bay this will not be tolerated. Many of us here are sharing our normally expensive eggs with everyone so that they may have the chance to own these awesome birds not for anyone to turn around and make money off of the generosity that is shown here on this swap.
Ok all the business stuff out of the way SWAP ON!

Just to clarify, since this was mentioned in the same post, my re-swapping my swaps has nothing to do with the person selling swap eggs on ebay, that was Wayne. I was the one who found out what he was doing, and informed the thread admins. I also was the one who found all of the info about his past record (all available freely in the public domain and discovered through google), and I was the one who physically drove to his town in an attempt to help verify his legitimacy. Now, I am the pariah of the thread because I've rubbed some people the wrong way, asked for more clear communication and accountability from the people in charge. I get that, it's not always easy to be the voice of dissent, and it certainly doesn't earn you any friends.

I'm sorry you all think that erasing my name and writing in someone else's for a swap is too much record keeping, if that is the case I'm surprised you are able to keep track of whose eggs you are offering, or whose swaps you are using between you etc etc. I think it's really interesting that there are some thread admins offering spring eggs without providing the information stated in the rules, offering eggs from birds that are still babies, offering eggs from birds they do not yet own (but are simply the highest bidder on RBA), sending eggs that are older than 4 days, and routinely going over the stated limit of swaps. Claiming things for others, offering things for others, etc. is no big deal, but I want to offer some of the things I've claimed that someone else might want more than I do, and might really enjoy, and it's a huge deal. I haven't done anything to violate any of the rules in doing this, and if the new recipient is happy with the result, and all it requires is for you to ship to a different name & address than my own, why is it so wrong?

I'm glad that there are people on the swap that still enjoy it, and I'm sure this will soon be forgotten and you all will continue swapping as usual. Unfortunately for me, the elitism and hypocrisy has totally ruined it for me. If you institute rules, whatever they may be, you should follow them. In particular, if you are a thread admin, you should be setting the example for the other participants. If you don't like the rules you yourself decided upon, change them. Operating outside of the rules is confusing for everyone and sends mixed signals to the people who are trying to do the right thing.

Back when I first learned of the thread and Nan was getting herself kicked off, I thought she was totally out of line. Now, I realize she had some valid points, but simply didn't communicate them appropriately. It's great that there are people managing this thread to keep the participants honest and make sure everything runs as smoothly as possible. It's certainly not an easy job, I know. Maintaining accountability is crucial, the question I have is ladies, who is accountable for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom