Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe it is memorial day weekend and I am using heat and that there is a good chance of frost tonight. Are we going to have a summer?

that's the problem here. freezing cold, wet and then very next day 88-90 and HUMID! this has been the roller coaster we have been on up here above you. Right now it's flipping COLD! and I was up till after 2 am running a chicken train and picking up my speckled sussex breeder hens. Then up at 8! and COLD, did I already say that????
caf.gif
I am in sweats and DON'T want to go outside! Have to load birds up for a big swap tomorrow and it's COLD!!!!!!!!!!!

Picture time........

Khaki Campbells from COF. Now, are these all girls ? Or are the two with the darker heads going to be boys. They hatched end of March, I think. ( I have given up on keeping track ) The little ones are call ducks from Mary Langdon.

Drakes... whasp (kinda a mutter mutter)

Ducks .... QUACK

The drakes will get a drake curl to their tail too. The three all closest look like they could go male while the one in the front rear looks girly

oops told you I NEED more coffee~! I was trying to PM and sent it here!
caf.gif

Last edited:
It has not reached over 84 deg here at all yet. The mites have all come out to play and for 2 days I have doused everyone in the barn with diatomacious earth. I gave up yesterday and sprayed the whole barn and the coops with permethrin. Thankfully went to the barn this morning and no mites jumping all over me. I hate mites! I have a concoction I made last night to use on the chickens this weekend- 1 gallon of white vinegar, fresh basil, fresh spearmint, fresh citronella, tea tree oil, peppermint oil, and orange peels. This should scare off almost all pests! All of this with the flooding, has made for a lot of work this week.

One more broody hen/hens question if you guys don't mind. I have three (3) broody Salmon Favs now. I have shipped eggs coming from all over the country shipping tomorrow. LOL

How many eggs can I give to a Fav and reasonably expect them to cover them? I've got to separate them as they are all in one nest box right now on the four eggs that my original broody was setting. She drew blood yesterday when I was checking to make sure the last one that went broody hadn't laid another egg and was just faking it.

MONDAY IS A HOLIDAY. Any eggs shipped Saturday will SIT because of no mail on Monday.

just though i would remind everyone
Thanks for the reminder.

Anyone shipping to me go ahead and send out.

Mine don't normally come in until Tuesday anyway. AR is notoriously slow. I can send them out and make it to NC or CA from Saturday to Monday, but MO and TN are three day shipments in or out.

It has not reached over 84 deg here at all yet.  The mites have all come out to play and for 2 days I have doused everyone in the barn with diatomacious earth.  I gave up yesterday and sprayed the whole barn and the coops with permethrin.  Thankfully went to the barn this morning and no mites jumping all over me.  I hate mites!  I have a concoction I made last night to use on the chickens this weekend- 1 gallon of white vinegar, fresh basil, fresh spearmint, fresh citronella, tea tree oil, peppermint oil, and orange peels.  This should scare off almost all pests!  All of this with the flooding, has made for a lot of work this week.

Do you spray your concoction directly on the birds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom