Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found the 40dx manual

Quote:
Stable and correct temperature is essential for good results. Adjust with care.
Note: your incubator may not be set to the correct temperature from the factory and the following
procedure must be followed before setting eggs.
5.1 As the incubator warms up and approaches its control setting the red LED will change from continuously on to
flashing. Allow the incubator to stabilise for at least an hour before adjusting the temperature.
5.2 Rotate the red adjustment spindle with a small screwdriver – clockwise to increase temperature, anticlockwise to
reduce it. 2°F (1°C) is about ¼ turn of the spindle.
5.3 When reducing temperature the red LED may go out while the incubator cools – this is normal.
5.4 Refer to the thermometer to check temperature. Adjust temperature with care – small differences have large
effects on hatching performance.

Thank you...ive got it set at 40 c right now which is 104 degrees...BUT the digital thermometer says 100 ...im leaving it! Shoot what can it hurt now? Ugh...i guess after the holiday Ill call brinsea again :(

Im just shocked that i had to deal with two brinseas doing this to me!

I understand these are all highly volatile topics and people are upset. But please let's not get the thread closed.

Can we take some deep breaths and move on?

Sorry Tiffany, too late. You had your chance. Everyone else you are being contacted as swaps are going out. I will not be honoring these swaps from this person. Contact me privately if you have a problem with it.
Sorry, on what grounds are you choosing not to honor my swaps? Since you have stated this publicly I'd like a public answer.

I'm forgiving these swaps. You guys are off the hook.

CPL:
10/8/2012 #861 PP/HES Olandsk Dwarf (6)
10/8/2012 #868 PP/HES Olandsk Dwarf (6)
10/14/2012 #1191 PP/HES Tolbunt Polish (6)
10/30/2012 #2058 PP/HES Russian Orloff (6)

11/18/2012 PP/HES Russian Orloff (6)

Krafty:
10/7/2012 #785 PP/HES Lemon Cuckoo Orpingtons (6)
10/31/2012 #2108 PP/HES GFF Mystery eggs (6)
11/4/2012 #2373 PP/HES GFF Mystery eggs (6)
11/9/2012 #2788 PP/HES Tolbunt Polish (6)
12/18/2012 #11227 WYGS Hens Choice bbs or lav ams
12/23/2012 #5654 PP/HES Swedish Flower Hens (6)
12/23/2012 #5659 PP/HES Swedish Flower Hens (6)
12/24/2012 #6415 PP/HES Swedish Flower Hens (6)

mstricer:
10/29/2012 #10470 WYGS Lavender Ameraucana

NM it just so isnt worth my effort since this is a business not a hobby and some cant see that and understand that zero communication is not a good practice. After all the revrse swap was with BM6, yet no communication happened to let me know the status of the chicks.

.....................................................................................................

Last edited:
Listen I don't really know what has been going down on this thread as I have been absent from it for several months. What I do know is there are a couple of people who have already contacted me and sent me Spring swaps, which is awesome and I really really appreciate that. juststruttin, crfarms, and tdehnson have all been in touch. Babymakes6 graciously reimbursed me pp for two swaps which I am extremely grateful for. Then, there are other people who owe me 7+ swaps that I haven't heard anything from. It is now 5/26. It is not ok to owe multiple Spring swaps to people and be happily selling eggs and chicks for cash imo, and then hide behind the fact that you have another month til the end of Spring. That is not what was intended with the spirit of this swap, and it is not in keeping with good business practices, or common courtesy. If you owe someone and need more time, it is your responsibility to reach out to that person, they should not have to track you down. Furthermore, if you are bitter that I made a statement of fact about everything you owe me and the fact that have not heard from you, perhaps you need to evaluate what exactly it is you are bitter about. A statement of truth should not be something you are ashamed of if you are being completely fair and above board. It is also NOT bashing.

I am in no position to comment on anyone's personal circumstances but the truth of what is happening here is that people got over-committed and are now struggling to fulfill their obligations. It is NOT ok to simply state you will not honor swaps that I paid for over eight months ago simply because you do not like me as a person. IF you do not wish to send eggs, then you are obligated to reimburse the swaps with pp.

Good morning everyone!!! It's been a couple of weeks since I've been on and I'm glad to be back.

CPL, good to see you again. Hope you are doing better and can get things caught up soon. I know when my wife was going through chemo just a couple of years ago, not to mention her 5 different surgeries for cancer, it was all I could do to take care of her, the kids, the house, work, the animals, etc. I didn't have much, if any, time left for myself let alone anybody else. Taking care of someone else is very commendable of you, especially if you have your own health issues, too. Keep up the good work!

Soapbox time!! Can we get back to doing what we do best...shootin the bull and swapping some eggs? No need for personal issues in a public forum, especially ones that don't advance the reason we are all here. Hey mods, would it be ok to ask that, whatever the issue is here, it is moved to a PM with you and the individuals until a resolution can be reached rather than spewing insults and personal attacks at each other in public?

Ok, that's my 2 cents worth. Onward with the stalking and swapping. And enabling.

I don't like to say negative stuff, as you guys know -- I value tact and politeness quite a lot. And this thread has been for me (and I think for a lot of people) a pleasant place to come hang out, share some company, and take a break from and get some support for the problems in our own lives. I know there is a lot of disappointment over eggs and chicks that have not shipped yet, and more than one person got a bit in over their heads with the spring swapping and is now scrambling to catch up. I HUGELY applaud the change in rules!!! I think the best way for the swap to recover and resume being fun is to make sure that particular problem doesn't arise again, which has been done
smile.png
(Yay, mods!)

There have been faults, misunderstandings, problems in communication on a lot of fronts. There has also been a great deal of support, patience, kindness and understanding displayed on the thread. I understand about getting in over your head and with kraftyladies, for example (yes, krafty I'm using you as an example! PLEASE don't take offense!), I'm okay with getting eggs and foregoing the hatched chicks -- yes, it's a bit of a disappointment but okay
smile.png
These things happen. And from what I can see, everyone who has fallen behind is working hard at getting caught up and getting their obligations fulfilled.

I would like to ask, for the sake of all those swappers who have been very patient and understanding (and even for the ones who haven't) that insofar as possible all swaps get filled as originally promised. Sometimes this won't be possible -- a breed didn't work out, or the cost of shipping that many chicks at a loss is prohibitively high -- but it strikes me as the right and honorable thing to do, whatever anger there may be and however justified it is or isn't, to stick as close to filling the obligations taken on as possible. It does seem to me that most everybody is trying to do that, and that's a good thing
smile.png

I would dearly like to see this thread return to the community it was, rather than descend into bickering, accusations, and airing disagreements. Actually, airing disagreements isn't necessarily a bad thing if done respectfully -- sometimes you actually get stuff worked out that way :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom