Hatching eggs-PICK UP ONLY

whereswaldo

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jan 10, 2008
Geese are now laying so are the rest of the birds.
Goose eggs are 3.00 each PICK UP ONLY.
Chicken eggs are 10.00 per dozen for assorted eggs PICK UP ONLY.
Goats and adult birds are available for pickup only.

**Edited to reflect selling conditions**

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up terie--and that folks is why it is nice to have the mods around!!!
smile.png

The person hiding behind this name has not done anything to warrant banning. I just felt that his past activities were severe enough to go ahead and issue a warning. Like I said above, people change and sometimes for the better. But you need to be careful.

We have had members who were banned come back under other names. That is fine as long as the rules are followed. But we know who they are and we keep close watch on them.
smile.png

what kinda geese ? and whats shipping for lets say 5 eggs to 47989
humm after reading .. hummmmm

Last edited:
Before anyone orders talk to miss prissy, and Zunibee, and some other members and ask them about my methods and if they lifed my eggs/birds. and customer/sellers, service.

PICK UP ONLY

**Edited to reflect selling conditions**

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, since whereswaldo has mentioned my name in this thread I figure I should post so people don't just assume I am recommending him.

First of all, you must understand this is MY story of MY individual dealing with whereswaldo and in no way is an endorsement of whereiswaldo. Buyer beware ... do your own research and decide for yourself. I do not know whereiswaldo well enough to recommend him; I can only tell my story. Apparently before he was banned he was allowed to sell for pick up only so that the customer could see what they were getting and to make sure they actually got what they paid for. I was a pick up customer and did not order sight unseen or pay in advance.

One more thing before my story. There was a quote ny Terri that I believe was not correct "This person is also a minor, which brings into play the legality of responsibility after the fact." Waldo is not a minor. He is young but not a minor. Maybe she meant he WAS a minor instead of IS.

Now, with that being said, here is my story. I communicated with Waldo by way of posts and PM on BYC. We set up a meeting and my son and I drove about an hour to NC to his farm. He has a ton of chickens and they free range. I met Waldo and talked with him for about an hour. When I first arrived I was skeptical about buying birds because I saw a bird that was almost dead lying in the middle of the road and another carcass. Waldo seemed concerned when he saw the dying bird. He commented that he had owls that sometimes got his birds. Anyway, when you drive up and see a dying bird you start to wonder. So, I took my time looking at the birds and they seemed healthy but thin. They were free ranging. Like I said, we talked for a long time and he told me about his operation and birds he had at other locations. He has some cochins that I would LOVE to have and really just a neat variety of breeds. I did not see any breeds separated and assumed the breeders were in the other location.

I bought three barred rock hens, 1 barred rock rooster, and a pair of partridge rocks from waldo. They ate like crazy when I got them home and I was surprised at how quick they fattened up .... and they are doing very good and are very nice birds. I am very happy with the birds.

So, my overall experience with waldo was a good one. He seemed like a very nice guy. He charged what he said he would charge and I am very happy with the birds. I will buy from waldo again but keep in mind, I pick the birds and pay on the spot. That was apparently not his problem.

I have no idea what whereswaldo or TOFFowner was banned for in the past but something must have happened. I don't condone ANY unethical actions and take allegations very serious. However, like Terri said, "some members do grow up and become better citizens" and I hope this is the case here.

I cannot vouche for you, Waldo. I have yet to receive the goose eggs.

I asked for only embden goose eggs and you have told me you don't know now if they are embden or toulouse. You got them mixed up. I did not ask for nor try to purchase toulouse eggs. I only wanted embden. I guess if I get eggs I will see in 30 days what, if anything, hatches.

I know I won't be interested in any of these kinds of deals in the future.

If I don't recieve the eggs I request and paid for then I won't be a satisfied customer.

I only trusted you to buy the eggs from because Zuni had gotten chickens from you and he didn'tpost anything negative so I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Please do not use me as a reference.

Editing to add that I am not in any way saying anything negative about Zuni or implying his endorsement, just stating that knowing he got birds from you I trusted you to get what i was paying for.

Last edited:
No problem MissPrissy. You are correct that I didn't post anything negative. I also didn't post anything positive. I was satisfied with what I got but I even told margaret that I could not recommend him or his birds until I knew they were going to be healthy.... I put them in quarantine to be sure. They have turned out to be very nice and I don't think they are ill in any way. But you never know until you have them a while.

From my dealings with waldo I imagine that the exact situation you are talking about is what he got banned for last time. It's called attention to detail. And waldo you just don't think!

He had a small RIR cockerel that looked more like a production red. I was thinking about getting it and when he pointed it out it jumped over a log to run up to get some corn....it was limping. Obviously injured. Waldo picked it up, looked it over and didn't see any outward appearance of trauma. He held it as we talked and then he looked me in the eye and said "so, do you want this one?" Limping up to us and he asks if I want to buy it!

I do not believe waldo is intentionally trying to rip off anyone. I just don't think he pays attention to detail and believes everything is for sale...quality or not. Sorry waldo but when people get ripped off because you posted that I bought from you it really ticks me off.

When are you going to ship MissPrissy the right eggs? And yes, she will get the right eggs even if I have to drive back to your place and get them!

Back
Top Bottom