hatching faverolles chicks

Yep, that looks like mine. Good thing she is a hen, because I'm very attached now. She gets lots of cuddle time because she is the only one. Hopefully next thurs or Friday we will have some more. She is pretty lonely. She really wants to fly. It is so cute

Are your faverolles eggs on lock down yet?

Yes, as of yesterday. We only have 2 faverolles tho. We have some ameraucana/faverolles that we are not sure of because we can't see through the shell when we candle them. Our chick us so big already. She changes daily. Still think she is a girl, but not 100%. How are yours doing?

Yes, as of yesterday. We only have 2 faverolles tho. We have some ameraucana/faverolles that we are not sure of because we can't see through the shell when we candle them. Our chick us so big already. She changes daily. Still think she is a girl, but not 100%. How are yours doing?

Our chicks are doing good too. We went on lock down on Saturday night. Have our first pip too! This batch is an assortment of brahmas. I just hope they all hatch early, because I work on Thursday.

Hopefully your little chick is a hen. We are trying to merge our baby faverolles (2 week olds) with our month old orpingtons. There is such a big difference in size! I'm afraid to leave the favs in with them, that they will get hurt. Is your baby still in the house too?

Oh yes, she is in the house. We are in NH so still the middle of winter here. I'm hoping where she is alone she will be ok with new chicks. She will be 3 weeks on tues, & the others are due wed/thurs. I know what you mean about being home when they hatch. I'm hoping mine come thurs cuz then I will be off for the weekend. Keep me posted on how the integrating goes

We have one pipping already! I am really surprised because we put them in lockdown on Sunday afternoon. It's an ameraucana/faverolle mix. Can't wait to see what traits it gets. I think I know which hen it came from so it will be interesting. Any luck with intergrading yours? Looks like I'll be doing that sooner than I thought

10 made it to lockdown. 7 hatched, 3 Fav bantams, and 3 Fav standard, one Black Australorp
They are beautiful!! Congrats on your hatch!!! :weee Out of 20 eggs, 7 have hatched since this morning. One has pipped, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Today is day 19/20 for them, so we still have time. A couple have saddle shaped air cells, so I'm not too sure they will hatch.

We have one pipping already! I am really surprised because we put them in lockdown on Sunday afternoon. It's an ameraucana/faverolle mix. Can't wait to see what traits it gets. I think I know which hen it came from so it will be interesting. Any luck with intergrading yours? Looks like I'll be doing that sooner than I thought

Any hatch yet? We have 7 so far.

Wow!!!! Congrats on your hatch! We had only one last night, another pipped but it started yesterday, and has not progressed so not sure if it's going to make it :(
We had to help the hatch last night. The shell was really thick, so I'm nervous that when we opened the incubator a couple of times we might have done more harm than good. Fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom