hatching geese eggs

oh ok is it from a totally detached air cell reattaching and leaving some fliud in it? i have had some shipped runner eggs but only loose and slighty detached. they hatched fine. air cells were larger than normal and diagonal down side of egg. i did have to angle them alittle for lockdown.

Not sure but looks like I might be down to one. The second one that was doing well now has grossly misshapen aircell.
barnie.gif

Buffbeauty, I have had chicken eggs with grossly misshapen aircells hatch. I made the mistake of tossing some out the first time I saw this and killed the babies. I didn't do that again and have had fairly decent hatches, all were shipped eggs. Good luck.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Buff beauty
fl.gif

I've just lost all 14 of my Dewlap eggs due to a power cut, I wrapped them in a duvet and put them in an airing cupboard as soon as it went off but it was off for 7 hours, they were at day 19, I kept them going for a couple of days after but couldn't see any signs of life in them and the eggs were going cold very quickly when I took them out to cool and mist them so gave up with them last night, gutted. The geese are still sitting on several eggs but I don't hold out much hope for their success as they're so clumsy, and there was me saying I might have to do a BOGOFF.......just goes to show how things can change
hit.gif

Thanks for the well wishes! Sorry for your losses!! Hate hose dang power outages!! Our power co has gotten better. We used to joke that ours would blink the lights for you at Christmas. That was before I had chickens,etc.

Quote:
really 7 hours i just had one for 4 1/2 hours and got a 100% outta runner eggs. the temp in bator was down to 70. i had a blaket on them too. the outage was on day 12 i think.

Sorry to hear about that Maria. I know other breeds would withstand cooling at late stages but the Dewlaps just seem to be more delicate and difficult.

Pete

Hey everyone, i'm new to the whole Goose egg hatching. I hatch most everything else though. Wanted to try my hand at waterfowl though. I am getting White chinese goose eggs from a neighbor to hatch. I had no idea about misting and cooling eggs. The first 14 didn't hatch, only one of them even developed. Some of that was bc the person I got the eggs from didn't handle them correctly before I got them. Now the second 10 I got 5 hatched. They are adorable!!!!!!! Just locked down 4 more yesterday. I have read different ways to incubate goose eggs though. I would like to know if you have to mist and cool the eggs and what's the reasoning behind that process. I raise and hatch ringneck pheasant, bobwhite quail, bantams, guinea and peafowl eggs and have terriffic success with all those eggs. I'm using LG incubators and a GQF high hatch incubator. Any advice about the goose eggs would be appreciated. thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom