Hatching golden pheasants

Silkiechicken66

Songster
6 Years
Jul 22, 2016
So this is my first time with an actual breeding pair of golden pheasants.
I’ve been getting quite a few eggs from them and I’d like to give a go at hatching. I’m not sure on the temp, humidity, or days. All help is appreciated. Thanks!

i haven’t hatched goldens but on my second hatch of ringneck eggs from my breeding pair. 99.5F or 37.5C in forced air incubator for 22-24 days I keep approximately 45% humidity first 20 days and increase to around 60-65 % once i see external pips. make sure that you know your incubator and use accessory calibrated instruments

Goldens take 21 to 22 days to incubate.
As far as temp & humidity, @muddy75 , has given you the parameters for them. Be sure you have a brooder setup and ready to go before they hatch...they only need to stay in the incubator until they 'fluff up'.
HTH and Good Luck!
i haven’t hatched goldens but on my second hatch of ringneck eggs from my breeding pair. 99.5F or 37.5C in forced air incubator for 22-24 days I keep approximately 45% humidity first 20 days and increase to around 60-65 % once i see external pips. make sure that you know your incubator and use accessory calibrated instruments
Thank you both! I’ve got an excellent little incubator I’ve used for years that I’ll hatch them in. And I’ve got three brooders always ready to go. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom