Hatching gone wrong

18Duckies

In the Brooder
Sep 5, 2021
I'm devastated! I had so many duck eggs that seemed to be doing so well. One duckling hatched right on time with no issues. The second that started didn't make it. I woke up to a hatched duckling that seems to have trouble lifting its head or walking and the other eggs seem to have just died! There was one more egg that had an external pip last night and today there is no progress or movement from any of them. I have 12 eggs that seem to have been lost 😭 All I can think of is my husband opened in the incubator to take out the healthy duckling that had been in there over 24 hours but the humidity was doing fine after that. But it seems like after that happened everything just stopped! I don't know if I should let them go a bit longer or just give up. I am also so worried about the weak duckling I have in the incubator.

If the humidity was not dropped for long opening the incubator would not have harmed the ducklings. Ducklings take a long time to hatch. They spend quite a bit of time resting. What day are you on? When was the last time you candled? What makes you think they died?

What makes you think anything has gone wrong? What have your Temps and humidity been and are you certain of them? What day is it for them? When did you candle last? Only if your husband took the lid of and went to make himself lunch, will harm come to them.

Back
Top Bottom