Hatching gosling

Wolfieskyes

Chirping
May 13, 2020
I have a sebastopol goose egg the only one of 6 that were fertial that I got it pipped yesterday and broke through completely today it's moving the egg a lot and very vocal but I'm worried the membrain is going to dry to the poor thing because when it broke through the shell it made a hole about the size of a dime( I have been scared to open the incubator lid to assist) I can see it's beak through it and see it moving will it still be ok to hatch or will I need to possibly step in to assist after giving it until tomorrow. This is my first goose hatching so I am very new to it I have hatched and assisted ducks and chickens before but I have heard geese are already a bit more difficult to hatch to begin with I had a broody hen laying on this egg but she stopped laying on it a week before it started hatching

Attachments

• 20210511_213851.jpg
    20210511_213851.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 12
Gosling can sometimes take well over 24 hours to hatch, I have no expierience with incubators so I can’t say if or when you need to assist a hatch but they tend to take longer to hatch than chicks.

Gosling can sometimes take well over 24 hours to hatch, I have no expierience with incubators so I can’t say if or when you need to assist a hatch but they tend to take longer to hatch than chicks.
So is the hole it made ok will it have trouble zipping I kinda figured it would take longer so I have just been checking up on it every so often and being patient just worried a bit when I saw it made that hole never had anything hatch that made a hole just had them slightly pip then zip the egg then hatch thanks

Most of the time when I'm hatching if any of them make a hole like that they stall. If it were my gosling, especially my only gosling, I'd assist.

Update I am happy to say my little ball of fluff hatched out fine and healthy this morning I was up and down checking all night on him and he finally hatched around 5:30 am saying it's a he bc of his light coloring and if it is a boy that means I'll have a couple pair of sebbies but there is a chance he is also a saddle back

Attachments

• 20210512_113942.jpg
    20210512_113942.jpg
    373.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20210512_113843.jpg
    20210512_113843.jpg
    512.7 KB · Views: 1
Update I am happy to say my little ball of fluff hatched out fine and healthy this morning I was up and down checking all night on him and he finally hatched around 5:30 am saying it's a he bc of his light coloring and if it is a boy that means I'll have a couple pair of sebbies but there is a chance he is also a saddle back
Precious child😍

Trying to figure out if the gosling is a male or female judging by the down feathering it looks to be male but it does have a possibility of being saddle back so I'm not sure if that applies to saddlebacks as well what's your thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom