Cod save the Queen!
Premium Feather Member
May 21, 2019
Washington State, aka The pacific NorthWest

NatJ

Crowing
Mar 20, 2017
USA
So I really wanna do this next spring. What should I look for when picking out my egg carton? (Not sure off the top of my head what egg brands we have at our walmart)
I'm guessing first choice is anything labeled "fertile."

Second choice would be eggs labeled "cage free" or "free range," because any accidental roosters have access to more hens and thus there's a higher chance of fertile eggs.

Fresher eggs would be better than older ones.

Cartons with cracked or broken eggs may have been handled roughly, so probably not a good choice.

TJAnonymous

Songster
Feb 29, 2020
Central Arkansas
This is their “speckled legbar” View attachment 2407263
Any luck with your second attempt on the Happy Eggs? I just put a dozen in the incubator on Sunday. Mine weren't the Heritage Breed though (they didn't have those). Mine were the organic Free Range line..... Not really expecting miracles but it would be cool if one or two of them were fertile. :)

JadeFarms

Free Ranging
May 3, 2019
Florida
Any luck with your second attempt on the Happy Eggs? I just put a dozen in the incubator on Sunday. Mine weren't the Heritage Breed though (they didn't have those). Mine were the organic Free Range line..... Not really expecting miracles but it would be cool if one or two of them were fertile. :)
No unfortunately I didn’t have any success. And I checked and not all eggs were fertile either.

Valley Hatchery

Top Bottom