Hatching Grocery store eggs attempt

So I am going to try to hatch grocery store eggs. I thought it would be a fun project. I am going to try hatching “Happy Egg” eggs. I saw that someone else had success in hatching their eggs so why not try it myself. They have Marans (I believe BCM) and i believe lohmann browns and what they call speckled legbar. I don’t even know what that is so if someone else does please tell me. I have 3 light blue/green eggs and 4 maran eggs. I didn’t have any lohmann brown eggs though. I can’t wait to see if they will hatch!View attachment 2389800View attachment 2389802
This is seriously flipping amazing...that would be the most cost effective way to get amazing laying colors. Hatching eggs are not cheap!

So I did a Google search to find out whether the Happy Egg Co could possibly have fertilized eggs and I came across the following response. I don't have Facebook and don't know how "accurate" this might be.... But if it is true, it would seem the Happy Egg experiment is doomed to failure. Good thing I also included eggs from my own girls....

That's talking about sexlinks, where the males are a different color.

For any non-sexlink breeds of chickens, a few roosters will probably slip through the sexing process. So they must specifically remove those roosters after they grow up enough to be obvious, or else there is some chance of fertile eggs.

That's talking about sexlinks, where the males are a different color.

For any non-sexlink breeds of chickens, a few roosters will probably slip through the sexing process. So they must specifically remove those roosters after they grow up enough to be obvious, or else there is some chance of fertile eggs.

Happy Egg Co uses 4 breeds of chicken -
Lohman Brown
Hy-Line Brown
Copper Maran
Speckled Legbar

Since my package had only brown eggs, that rules out the Legbar. Are any of the other 3 breeds a sex-link breed?

@Love my chickens 25 what do your grocery store chicks look like now?
Adorable but tomorrow I’ll get pictures of the other 2.
16C05297-D329-4484-A6BE-4A85A140CE98.jpeg
1C2BBF2A-B64B-42E4-8FC9-B8AC27F6B0D0.jpeg

Happy Egg Co uses 4 breeds of chicken -
Lohman Brown
Hy-Line Brown
Copper Maran
Speckled Legbar

Since my package had only brown eggs, that rules out the Legbar. Are any of the other 3 breeds a sex-link breed?
I thought Copper Marans were sex link. I don't know about the other two breeds.

Back
Top Bottom