hatching guinea eggs

llatham

Chirping
Sep 10, 2013
how long should it take for a keet to break out of the egg after it has pecked a hole?
thanks
Leon

I'd love to see an answer on this. One of our hens in currently sitting on our first batch of keets, and I'm wondering as well.

Our keets were flapping their way out of the brooder box at only a couple of weeks old. They were getting some actual honest-to-goodness staying in the air kind of flying at a few months. My experience was that they try to flap and fly out of the brooder much sooner than chicks.

Our keets were flapping their way out of the brooder box at only a couple of weeks old.  They were getting some actual honest-to-goodness staying in the air kind of flying at a few months.  My experience was that they try to flap and fly out of the brooder much sooner than chicks.
Thanks

We've only ever purchased keets. I'm interested to see how different hatching our own turns out to be. Good luck with yours!

how long should it take for a keet to break out of the egg after it has pecked a hole?
thanks
Leon

The keets my broody hens have hatched seem to hatch like chicks in regards to pipping. Definitely not incubation time, though. : P Of course, I've always suspected my broodies help their chicks and/or keets out because they mysteriously hatch faster than if they were in the incubator. :)
Our keets were flapping their way out of the brooder box at only a couple of weeks old. They were getting some actual honest-to-goodness staying in the air kind of flying at a few months. My experience was that they try to flap and fly out of the brooder much sooner than chicks.
Yup, I agree. Our five to eight week old keets are already trying to fly about in their small hutch. It won't be long till they can come out and free-range. They certainly look so graceful when they fly.

Back
Top Bottom