Hatching in paper cartons

KalikoFarms

Songster
8 Years
Jun 14, 2011
:DHow do you place the eggs in the cartons to hatch out? Tomorrow is lockdown and the hatching bator is ready to go. when I transfer the eggs over do I just put them big side up in the cartons and they will be okay? I also have placed papertowels down as wicks for the humidity so I wont loose it this time. Any help is appreciated.
Rita

Last edited by a moderator:
Isnt there anyone out there with any informations about hatching in egg carton? I am due to go into lockdown today and need help.
Thanks
Rita

That's the only way I've hatched for several years now. Just put them in the carton large end up. Even the tiny bantams I've hatched out don't have any problem getting out when they hatch.

I use a sponge in a plastic lid to get my humidity level where it needs to be.

Finally, Thank you I just put them in lockdown they are my frizzles, sizzles, and silkies that I have so unimpatiently been waiting for:lol:
Just to make sure I am right I just put them into the paper egg cartons with the big side up and the humidity is now at 60+%. I can leave them in there even after they hatch without worry? I didnt do this the last hatch of 24 eggs and they shrinkwrapped the chicks and I only got 8 out. But now I am pretty sure it was because I kept taking them out of the bator when each hatched.

Rita

Quote:
Just leave the lid closed until you're 99.9% sure that the hatch is done. In all the hatches I've done over the years most all of them hatch within 24 hours of each other. They can stay in the hatcher up to three days altho I rarely leave them that long.

60% is what I do at hatch.....it does kind of vary for people tho depending on their location.

I'm locking down tonight also. I thought I'm going to give the go around again with the paper cartons also. I'm hatching Marans. Black Cooper, Blue and Black variety's. Good Luck everyone.

pssssst Rita over here, I thought I'd let you know that unimpatiently isn't a word, what you want is impatiently. I'm not trying to be a smart butt, or rude or mean, just helpful
frow.gif

Michele

Quote:
Thank you!

I will be ordering eggs today, and think we will give this a try.

Should they be in the carton from the start? Or place them in them at the end?
We just got a Havobator Genesis 1588 last night, but no rack.

Quote:
Thank you!

I will be ordering eggs today, and think we will give this a try.

Should they be in the carton from the start? Or place them in them at the end?
We just got a Havobator Genesis 1588 last night, but no rack.

I have turners in mine so I put mine in cartons at lockdown but I know there are people who have them in cartons the whole incubation and just tilt the cartons instead of turning each egg.

Back
Top Bottom