Hatching incubated eggs in cartons?

How do you hatch?

• in egg cartons

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • lay the eggs on their side

Votes: 24 72.7%

• Total voters
I KNOW why my chick DIED. Wally had Ophalitis!
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
hugs.gif
So sorry to read this. Make sure you disinfect the places where he was.

Im not to sad now. My silkie just hatched! He is black and very healthy! Hes so cute! Do all silkies hatch black?
Congratulations on this one.

:hugs So sorry to read this.  Make sure you disinfect the places where he was.

Congratulations on this one. 
yaa thanks! I named him Jumpstart. I HOPE hes a Silkie. My friend has 1 frizzel and I have 1 frizzel and silkie. The silkies name is Pip (short for pippin) the frizzels name is Chip. (Not short for anything just chip.)

yaa thanks! I named him Jumpstart. I HOPE hes a Silkie. My friend has 1 frizzel and I have 1 frizzel and silkie. The silkies name is Pip (short for pippin) the frizzels name is Chip. (Not short for anything just chip.)

Love the names
smile.png
I haven't named the two from my first hatch. They are 4 wko now and outside in the growing pen. They are just chook and chooky until I know their gender. I have Tootie from the second hatch and two I bought for her company inside in the brooder. I haven't named her friends yet. I'm thinking BF1 and BF2 until I'm certain they are female. I'm just terrible with names, lol.

Love the names:)   I haven't named the two from my first hatch.  They are 4 wko now and outside in the growing pen.  They are just chook and chooky until I know their gender. I have Tootie from the second hatch and two I bought for her company inside in the brooder.  I haven't named her friends yet.  I'm thinking BF1 and BF2 until I'm certain they are female. I'm just terrible with names, lol.
If you need names, here are a few clever cute uncommon names iv found: Kentucky KFC, Chico, Nando and Newbie. Newbie is a cute name. PLZ tell me what name youv named you're chicken?

If you need names, here are a few clever cute uncommon names iv found: Kentucky KFC, Chico, Nando and Newbie. Newbie is a cute name. PLZ tell me what name youv named you're chicken?

Ok well here goes based my my rookie gender assessments...

Tootie - Lavender pullet second batch, only hatch
Laverne - Buff Orp store bought
Shirley - Buff Orp store bought

Frutie - Lavender pullet first batch
Juicy - Lavender cockerel first batch

THIS IS SO WIERD!! OK I have no idea what Jumpstart is!! He is 1 day old and has 5 toes, but looks like a frizzel! BUT my other frizzle,named Chip has 4 toes! Pippin has 5 toes! (I know pippin is a silkie but what is Jumpstart?! Jumpstart and Chip look like penguins and they both have yellow under their wing and a pink thing up their Beek, but WHY do they both have DIFFERENT number of toes??!! I'm SOOO confused
1f615.png
?! Any help would be awesome!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom