Hatching issue

I think that one with basically no shell is nowhere near ready if that is a recent picture. Looks like yolk needs absorbing too and those veins are not looking dry to me. They look very active. All you can do is what others have suggested unless @Isaac 0 or @Jpat has any ideas. Keep putting the coconut oil on that membrane. @WVduckchick what do you think?

I agree, keep moistening that membrane up, and make sure the humidity is around 70%. Looks like they are still absorbing still, so hold off on assisting them for now, are they yawning and clicking still?

I agree, keep moistening that membrane up, and make sure the humidity is around 70%. Looks like they are still absorbing still, so hold off on assisting them for now, are they yawning and clicking still?

Attachments

• CD974ABD-CBD3-4D4A-B87F-899D56BA94B2.jpeg
    CD974ABD-CBD3-4D4A-B87F-899D56BA94B2.jpeg
    380.3 KB · Views: 10
Yes they are chirping, yawning, and moving. Just gave him a little coconut oil. Veins still showing but not as much.

The part I circled in red below is the major concern. Appears to be yolk (correct me if I’m wrong, it could possibly be part of the duckling, being a yellow duckling). If it’s yolk, it still has at least several hours of absorption left.
The part in blue, over the face and eyes, I would try to gently peel away, so it doesn’t get stuck to the face and nares. If you can oil a q-tip and run it up under the membrane, that would also help. Just be very careful around the eyes and all.
Otherwise, I’d just wait it out.
You will have to continue peeling away membrane, since there is no way for the duckling to hatch on its own now. But wait until it starts wriggling to get out on its own.
6F076A3A-D7BC-4232-8083-85EABA7223A3.jpeg

B3519B89-DC06-48F0-9EA0-39D7A625A8C3.jpeg

he is stretching, & full on chirping. Just made a little cut where you suggested. He seemed to like it. The yellow you saw on the last pic is his foot and “hair” I believe. He pipped 50+ hrs ago so could it be yolk at this point?

View attachment 2149460
he is stretching, & full on chirping. Just made a little cut where you suggested. He seemed to like it. The yellow you saw on the last pic is his foot and “hair” I believe. He pipped 50+ hrs ago so could it be yolk at this point?

At 50+ hours, there shouldn’t be much yolk, if any. But anything is possible! I wouldn’t suspect as much blood vessels either, but they are clearly visible.
It’s common to have some inactive blood vessels still in the shell after they hatch, so hopefully the little cutie will start trying to push out soon. :fl

Back
Top Bottom