Hatching log of a broody satin

they should all be delawares, but there may or may not be a SLWxDelaware in there 🤔 I hope I get pullets too! :fl
I have chicks from McMurray that were sexed, but I have a mystery chick (straight run) that I really need to be a pullet because I have 3 other cockerels in that batch (1 I wasn’t expecting, but I’m ok with it), and the waiting is unbearable! :)

I have chicks from McMurray that were sexed, but I have a mystery chick (straight run) that I really need to be a pullet because I have 3 other cockerels in that batch (1 I wasn’t expecting, but I’m ok with it), and the waiting is unbearable! :)
It is! And it’s still not over!

I peeked under her again and saw another egg had pipped, but no in the air sac... worried :( I’ check back on it tomorrow...

Hope all goes well
I hope so too...

It’s egg number 6, the one that is a size larger than the others. I’m reading threads now and it seems like most malposition chicks manage to hatch themselves just fine. My primary concern is that a large chunk of shell where then pip happened had fallen off and that it would cause the membrane to dry out. I can’t see too well, so I hope they didn’t pip through a vein or anything...

No point worrying I guess, there’s really nothing I can do for now.

I’ll sleep on it. :fl

Egg number 6 wrong end pipper hatched! I *knew* sleeping was the right choice 😂

Egg number 1 also hatched.
CF160442-2B41-4E86-8AB7-825A4707AC8B.jpeg
And hello world from Egg #3
(previously chilled egg)
B9E17BCE-1162-40F6-A27C-214864F3D740.jpeg

4/6

2 more to go....?
(hopeful)

Last edited:
Egg number 6 wrong end pipper hatched! I *knew* sleeping was the right choice 😂

Egg number 1 also hatched.
View attachment 2716259
And hello world from Egg #3
(previously chilled egg)
View attachment 2716258

4/6

2 more to go....?
(hopeful)
Awesome pics! I can’t believe your girl is so chill with you handling the babies as they’re hatching!! Both times my hen’s hatch happened during the middle of the night so we saw nothing 🙁. Hope the rest goes smoothly!

Back
Top Bottom