Hatching May 1st - Who else?

i'm hatching may 3rd! but i'm upset about my batch of eggs.....i just set them tonight and out of 14 eggs, 8 have displaced air sacs...and a lot of them are porous!
hmm.png

Any news anybody? After 1 week all the MJs were developing and 6 definite bantam Buckeyes with one maybe and one clear. Good luck all, I guess you aren't going to candle under a broody, huh Rowzy? LOL

I will be a little ways behind you all with mine. I have a broody doing the work. I think, you could candle at night.
Caroline

Dot sitting on 7 eggs due to hatch on 5-10, 5-11

Just set 12 Silkie eggs in the incubator from my girls on Tuesday for our annual school hatching project. They are due to hatch on May 11th. Also, have two hens who decided to go broody on the same day! So, I won't (hopefully) need to brood the chicks myself from the hatch in the incubator. I'll just do the old wait-till- evening-and-sneak- the-chicks-under-their- little- fluffy-butts trick.
big_smile.png
I'm going to candle the eggs tomorrow and see how things are doing.
fl.gif
for fertile eggs!

wee.gif
Candled the eggs in the incubator at school today. 12/12 are are starting to develop! Will candle again next Friday.
fl.gif
for the two girls on the nest. One decided to move to another nest and abandoned 6 eggs that she was sitting on. I put them under the two hens again and will keep an eye out. Will candle the ones they throw out next time to see what's up.

Back
Top Bottom