Hatching now! - Questions!

cqranch

Songster
11 Years
Aug 26, 2008
Russellville
Chicks are starting to hatch. One completely out, drying doing fine. One other is out, but with what looks like small amount of yolk still attached. Another out, no yolk, but appears to be bleeding some. Is this normal or do I have a couple issues here?

I have had some with partial yolks, and some that bled a little from the umbilical. All of them turned out fine. I have only lost one hatched chick, because it got stuck under the nest bucket and couldn't get out.

Now a fourth has almost completely free, however, it appears there is a large yolk still left. It's still basically sitting in the shell with head out. Will it still absorb the yolk?

Couple more pipping as well... this is maddening!

The ones with yolk should absorb, especially if they are still in the shell some. I have had them pip and start to zip then just sit there absorbing yolk.
Don't worry too much.

Lucky You!
big_smile.png
I am still VERY nervous because it's day 21 and still no pips from my single first egg. Yes, it is VERY maddening!!!
ep.gif
I am going crazy here!!!
barnie.gif
Soo worried about my baby fuzzie!
fl.gif

They will probably absorb the yolk. Don't worry too much(although it is very hard not to worry!!!
th.gif
) Let them do it themselves and they will be fine.
hugs.gif

Congrats and good luck!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom