Hatching Party! Wanna Join?! Set 8/7, Hatching 8/27!!

You have babeez! I'm so jealous ... I have my hatcher all set up and eggs moved in. Holding at 99-100 and about 80% ... That's okay, right? Considering I did dry deep Mississippi incubation all this time?

I have a girlfriend in Las Vegas who can't have chickens, so my babies are her chickens-by-proxy. Had to set up the webcam today for live streaming for her, so now I'm able to roll over in bed every four minutes and check the remote desktop on the iPad for the cam feed from the living room, and see the temperature one more time. Obsession is a beautiful thing, no?

Got 2 eggs pipped since I got home from work around 5:30 and no progress at all yet. I can see into the egg enough to see them breathing and to see that their membranes are not dried out or shrink-wrapped. I get a few peeps but I don't know which one. Because they are so early hatching that maybe they need a little extra time to finish absorbing the yolk. If no progress by tomorrow afternoon, I may intervene. Any other opinions are greatly appreciated.
love.gif

So cute... The lazy one will be a boy. Lol

Day 20 for me.. No sign yet. I know I'm inpatient. Playing Pink now, that will get them bouncing ha ha.
COME ON!!!!

laniered: are you doing chickens? I think humidity may be too high, I read chickens are between 40-45% and lockdown 50-60%. And ducks are higher but around 55% then 70-75% at lockdown. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Great pics Destin. The one sitting will get going probably just tired. I had one in the last hatch that had sprawly legs or whatever it is called I tied a string to its legs to space them correctly and he is doing great now. They all grow at there own pace. Again congrats on the new fuzzy butts.
Chad

BigDaddy'sGurl :

Here's where I stand: 8 purebred cochin from my blue bantam hen and buff bantam roo (very hopeful on these as they are a part of my breeding project)

9 Game? These eggs were bought at auction and seem slightly off color to be game eggs to me...but alas, a surprise it will be!

Candled just prior to setting up the "lockdown" bator and have at least 2 "game" eggs internally pipped!
smile.png

wee.gif

Edit to add: the reason I ended up with one more cochin egg than in the beginning of this thing is because my hen layed an egg a day later 08/08 and I decided to put it in too... hence the 8

How can you tell they are internally pipped? Just curious what to look for. I'm putting 3 MFD, 9EE and 10FCB in lockdown tonight.​

Tiss: I have my fingers crossed for you!!

audrey02026: When you candle you should be able to see movement/chick above where the airspace is.

Don't feel stupid!
tongue.png

Destin is exactly right: the once clear air cell will have dark areas and you will see the dark area moving in the air cell. You will also hear them peeping on occasion... good luck all!
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom