Hatching Party! Wanna Join?! Set 8/7, Hatching 8/27!!

Pictures, pictures, pictures!
barnie.gif
he.gif

pop.gif

My one pip is finally starting to zip. I'm headed back outside for more Chicken TV. I can catch a glimpse every now and then when Lacey stands up.

We went into lockdown Thursday night, both were dancing around when candled but still no pips though and no peeping as of just now???? :barnieShould I candle again to see if they quit? This is the farthest we've gotten hatching, what should I do?????? HELP!
bow.gif

Quote:
Thank you for the quick answer. Waiting is easier said than done!! If nothing happens tomorrow, when should I check them again?

Lacey's first chick is here! It's so hard to get pictures when mama doesn't want you to see.

Laceyschick004.jpg

The other 4 eggs don't seem to be pipped yet. I hope this chick convinces the others to start.

sad.png
Just went out again to check on mama and eggs. Still only the three babies from yesterday. No new pips and don't feel any movement in the other 7. How long after some have hatched will she sit on the eggs waiting on more to hatch?

oh.
my.
rock.

I have another pip! And this one - this one's a bigger pip! I can actually (bounce-bounce) see membrane!!!eleventy!!!!!!

I had to change the angle of the webcam and look in the side window so I could watch her. Because it's a girl, right? right? And she'll be fine?

On the first one that pipped, there's a second bulgy-cracky alongside the first one, but no shell has fallen off yet. It looks like you could just lay a fingertip against the whole cracked area and nudge it shut again. Not that I want to - just, that's the degree of breakage.

Tap-tap-tap. Come on, little ones. Come see mama.

Haven't heard a peep yet. I told my husband I was wishing we'd bought that mechanic's stethoscope we saw at Harbor Freight the other night - I'd have that thing threaded in through one of the ventilation holes and be attached to it. Maybe by the next hatch.

Speaking of which - I just got 23 BEAUTIFUL silkie eggs in the mail. Mysteriously. I'm going to deny all knowledge of any premeditation on my part in this acquisition. Y'all will keep my secret, right? I'm blaming it all on a girlfriend in Las Vegas - she sent them.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom