Hatching Party! Wanna Join?! Set 8/7, Hatching 8/27!!

Quote:
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Those little black ones tickle me!!

Nothing new to report this morning. My 4 6-week old chicks spent their first night on the roost so I can move Lacey to the little coop when the rest of her eggs hatch. She still has 2 chicks and 3 eggs. I can't tell if any are pipping or anything. It's a tad chilly out still and I don't want to disturb them.

I'm thinking the three that are left are eggs that sat in the empty nest for a day before I got a bator for them. They were moved to Lacey after I cleared out what wasn't going to develop. I need more chickies!

DH culled my BO with egg yolk peritonitis last night. Doesn't chicken math say you need three chicks for every hen lost?

@Mrsmouse- My fingers are crossed for you. Anything new in the last several hours?

@laniered- I like the idea for your egg turner. If I end up having to use the LG again, I'm going to have to build one of those. How is the chick with the membrane this morning?

I just saw one of my two eggs wobble!!!!!!!!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
I think I saw the other one move last night but not 100% sure. I'm so eggcited!!!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
:jumpy:cd:ya:woot

So exciting I now have 4 pips and lots of peeping.....
wee.gif

Question though is it ok to have a pip on the top bottom of the egg....usually all my pips are on that spot but on the top this one is on the bottom. Will he/she hatch out ok?

I have a few eggs left I hope they hatch too.
jumpy.gif
I hope everyone is having good luck. I went out and took pics of the ones that hatched 8-4-11 and a pic of my BA rooster.
100_1591.jpg

A pic of toughy the BA
100_1586-1.jpg

just for pic lovers a few other chickens
big_smile.png

100_1593.jpg

100_1592.jpg

100_1588.jpg

There that will help the ones with pic withdraws.
lau.gif
lau.gif

Chad

Quote:
My broody does not understand "lockdown". She rolls those eggs all over the place. I saw the pip on one of my eggs positioned every which way before it hatched. I think yours will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom