Hatching Party! Wanna Join?! Set 8/7, Hatching 8/27!!

I love all these pictures!

I'm back from the pool party and have nothing much to report. Egg #4 is still chirping. Egg #5 has a pip now, but no chirping. They're taking their time about hatching. I hope mama sticks with them.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Here's mine so far:

63116_101_2088.jpg

63116_101_2089.jpg

And "Oliver" just because:

63116_101_2035.jpg

the breakdown so far is:

3 purebred blue bantam cochins, 1 silkie X cochin (booger snuck in because its mother's eggs look JUST like the bantam cochin hen's eggs..I wanted ONLY purebred cochins, but this silkie mix must be meant to be) and 4 "mystery" eggs that are supposed to be game have hatched. I didn't have high hopes for the mystery eggs as I don't think they were stored properly before I got them and one chick did die after pipping...

That leaves: 3 purebred (they better be!) blue cochin eggs pipped, one un-pipped but it was the egg that went in a day late so I don't expect much before tomorrow, 2 mystery eggs pipped and 1 not pipped. The bathroom sink with heating pad (aka "chick-u) (think NICU, lol) is filling up! They will go to their brooder tomorrow!
wee.gif

Today was day 20 for me and nothing yet. It is my first time to incubate, I have 16 cochin bantam eggs in a Brinesa Octagon 20 advance. I am getting a little depressed because I thought I would have something happen by now. I will be heart broke if not one egg hatches.

Aww @ Oliver!

I'm still up worrying about the chicks in that nest box. I really, really don't want them to fall out, but mama still has 2 eggs hatching. I don't want to disrupt them to move the family. What, oh what should I do!?

I don't suppose that they'll be moving around at night, so they should all be fine as long as I get up early (yawn) to check on them.

Last time the eggs all hatched on the same day, I moved mama the next and all was fine.
barnie.gif

@Kidd: There's still a day to go, hang in there. When did you candle last and how did they look then?

Last edited:
BigDaddy'sGurl :

Here's mine so far:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/63116_101_2088.jpg

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/63116_101_2089.jpg

And "Oliver" just because:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/63116_101_2035.jpg

the breakdown so far is:

3 purebred blue bantam cochins, 1 silkie X cochin (booger snuck in because its mother's eggs look JUST like the bantam cochin hen's eggs..I wanted ONLY purebred cochins, but this silkie mix must be meant to be) and 4 "mystery" eggs that are supposed to be game have hatched. I didn't have high hopes for the mystery eggs as I don't think they were stored properly before I got them and one chick did die after pipping...

That leaves: 3 purebred (they better be!) blue cochin eggs pipped, one un-pipped but it was the egg that went in a day late so I don't expect much before tomorrow, 2 mystery eggs pipped and 1 not pipped. The bathroom sink with heating pad (aka "chick-u) (think NICU, lol) is filling up! They will go to their brooder tomorrow!
wee.gif

Awe!! Are they Blue/Black Cochins?

~ Aspen
caf.gif

I've had 4 hatch today. One more should hatch sometime tonight two other ones with pips that should hatch tomorrow and the others hopefully soon after....I'll post pics tomorrow.

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
Awe!!
love.gif
What are they?

~ Aspen
caf.gif

They are black australorp chicks. Thanks. Keep the pics coming they are cute chick pics.
Chad​

WOW! So many babies this weekend. Congrats all!
fl.gif

Larkspur88: I want some mille fleur chickens, I will put them on my spring hatching list. They are so pretty.

Tiss: Hopefully you wake up to more babies!

BigDaddy'sGurl: What are the little yellow chicks with the black stripes? They are adorable!!

Today is day 23.....
Mine I think enjoy making me worry. I now have 3 chicks and two more have pipped.
Crossed fingers... Better late than never.
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom