Hatching Party! Wanna Join?! Set 8/7, Hatching 8/27!!

Quote:
Yay! Maybe the temps were a tad low?

I just awakened to 2 more babies. All 5 of the good eggs from last candling have hatched! Now I get to move Lacey and her brood.

wee.gif

I have been lurking on here and getting my fix from you guys as mine weren't due till Thursday... BUT I woke this morning to find one zipped and is now out and one more pipped!!! It is only day 18 by my count?
44332_hatching2.jpg

44332_hatching.jpg

Quote:
Nothing but a few wobbles from mine. Still no pips or peeping and yesterday was day 21...be patient, that's what I'm trying to do...
fl.gif
pop.gif

I'm half way through day 23 and decided to intervene.
One was pipped but not bothering for 18 hrs. So my boyfriend and I made the bathroom into a sweaty sticky hot sauna.
Helped one out completely. No veins. Rubbery membrane. I broke into the airsack on the rest. 1 had his beak in the sack, and 5 looking under developed but alive. The skin very dry but so full of blood and veins I didn't touch. So just hope the moisture now gets through and they do the rest them selves.
Looks like a def 6 out of 12. Cross my fingers for the rest.
So stressed....
fl.gif

Did anyone want pictures?

The first baby, Sparkles.

And - because I know one isn't enough -

...and, because two might not be enough, either -

The first-born buff orpington, Precious:

The second-born buff orpington, Darling:

Dottie, the last baby, the one I helped out of the shell:

And the Fantastic Foursome!

...Oh, did I mention we did a little photoshoot this morning? (editing a lot putting watermarks on photos and correcting links - bear with me!)

Last edited by a moderator:
laniered, what adorable photos of your babies!!

Destin: I don't KNOW what they are, LOL

Bought the eggs as "game" eggs but they hatched as so: the eggs were smallish and almost brown... these are my mystery chicks, lol

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy: the mama is a bantam blue cochin hen, daddy is a buff bantam cochin roo, and so far all have been BLUE! Guess the blue is dominant? Have 6 of these out so far, one more to go! : )

Back
Top Bottom