Hatching Party! Wanna Join?! Set 8/7, Hatching 8/27!!

Quote:
The one that pip'd is zipping right now. Hopefully she will be out and fluffy by the time I get home from work. Nothing yet from the other one...It's incredible watching them hatch!! The kids and even the hubby can't seem to stop watching.

So true on watching them, the 3 that were hatched yesterday are so tiny, they are Cochin bantams. There is more that have piped but they are taking their sweet time, it is driving me crazy.

Came home from work yesterday and 4/6 hatched!!! Two EEs and 2 showgirl mixes. I LOVE THE SHOWGIRL MIXES!!!!!! I don't have pics yet, but will get some tonight
smile.png

My hubby called as he was leaving for work and said another one hatched but I don't know which one!!!! Now only one left to go in there
smile.png

Quote:
The one that pip'd is zipping right now. Hopefully she will be out and fluffy by the time I get home from work. Nothing yet from the other one...It's incredible watching them hatch!! The kids and even the hubby can't seem to stop watching.

Well, I think I'm done trying to hatch eggs for a while. The one that was half way zipped was gone when I got home, she never made it all the way out of her shell. The other one internally pipped but then quite....heartbreaking
hit.gif
sad.png

Quote:

Well, I think I'm done trying to hatch eggs for a while. The one that was half way zipped was gone when I got home, she never made it all the way out of her shell. The other one internally pipped but then quite....heartbreaking
hit.gif
sad.png

Aw! I'm sorry!
hugs.gif
It really is heart-breaking to finally see a chick pip, then die!
hit.gif
hugs.gif
How are you incubating? Are you using the Dry Incubation Method?

~ Aspen
caf.gif

Quote:
I'm so sorry, Kris. It is heartbreaking to lose them. I guess at this point I'd poke holes in the airsac side of the egg just to be completely sure that nothing is going on.

This go 'round I only ended up with 5/18, but most of that was from my stupid mistakes. If I had only just given 8-9 to Lacey and tossed the rest, I'd probably have better results. On the flip side though, 2 or my fuzzy butts are ones that started life in the 'bator and were moved to mama at last candling, so who knows.
hu.gif

I'm glad you liked the picture. Broodies with babies are just about the cutest things ever. I love it when the chicks start getting up on mama's back. I'll have to get a shot of that this time around. Right now the chicks are in "pluck mama's eyelids" mode.

And totally off the subject, I just noticed that you homeschool. I do too!

Well, none lasted. I candled late last night real quick, but none were moving, nothing was happening, they're all gone. So sad. Emptying them out tonight.

Tiss, yes, we do homeschool! I'm down to one now though, 7th grader.

We'll try eggs again in the winter preparing for a a spring of chickens.

I just found this thread and wanted to share my little one that just hatched 8/21
90944_dscn1322.jpg
and the rest that hatched on 8/11
90944_dscn1325.jpg
big_smile.png
I'm so proud
90944_dscn1260.jpg
so are there daddies
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom