Hatching PeaFowl? UPDATED! PICS!!!!

ColbyNTX

Songster
10 Years
May 2, 2009
Woods, TX
I have had 3 hatch today and a bunch more pipping. I don't like to open the hatcher until they are done. My question is, will peachicks be fine for a few days in the hatcher just like turkeys, guineas, chicks ect?

I started with 12 eggs and 9 develloped and 6 hatched. I opened the last 3 eggs today just to see if I coud see something wrong with the chicks. They lookd fine and fully develloped but dead. So I will be happy with 50% on my first peafowl hatch. The ones that hatched were 3 black shoulder, 1 silver pied, 1 IB and 1 emerald. Pardon the 3 trainer guineas in the pic.

30095_peachicks_002.jpg
30095_peachicks_005.jpg

I think this is my Emerald?

Last edited:
I like to remove mine , after 24 hours no longer, give you time to get them drinking,and to eat ASAP. I do the same with all chicks no matter what type.

No, I have Very Big Shoulders.

I'm just wondering why you still want carry this on for?? I haven't responded to anything you have posted, So what's the DEAL???????????

Well, I have 6 out and the other 3 eggs haven't even pipped. I'm not giving up on them yet. I have the 6 in the brooder and they are eating and drinking. So far I have 3 black shoulders, 1 IB, 1 silver pied and 1 emerald. The ones that haven't hatched are an emerald spalding, pied and an IB.

Back
Top Bottom