1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

hatching qual eggs HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by jinnjinn123, Apr 22, 2014.

1. jinnjinn123

jinnjinn123 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2013
    what did you do to have successful hatches I have problems hatching quail eggs they hardly have a have a hatch rate what am I doing wrong,I keep them in the incubator and the egg turner temp is 99.8 I got water in the slots where the water goes. and the three that hatched died and I had none hatch yet out of 33 eggs is it that I bought them from ebay?

2. dc3085

dc3085 Chillin' With My Peeps

Are you monitoring humidity? The first 14 days humidity should be kept between 40-55%. After day 14 stop turning the eggs and raise humidity to 60-70%. You measure humidity with a hygrometer, which you can buy at most garden stores or on Amazon.

3. dart1978

dart1978 New Egg

Apr 28, 2016
    I have 80 n the bater now on day on day 9 just candled the eggs I can c them I've tried to keep my humidity at 50% so for so good

4. mporche

mporche Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2016
    Livonia La
    I am in South Louisiana and our humidity is off the charts here so I don't worry about it.My sportsman 1502 normally stays around 35% for the entire process until lockdown.At lockdown I raise the humidity to 65% for the hatch.Imo it is more important for your humidity to be correct during lockdown.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by