Hatching Rouen Duck Eggs

I have had them hatch ax early as day 25 and as late as day 30
That’s why I don’t do the day 25 lockdown I do the watch the eggs
So far it’s looking good
The air cell is dipping Forward and lots of nice shadowing
At the lower part of the air cell watch the nonevent for up and down in a pattern this will tell you if the baby is breathing
I can’t say for sure if baby is internal pip yet but if it’s not in it’s close
So exciting
My fingers are crossed for you :)
Thanks! I am super excited, I swear I go in there every 30 minutes to check on them LOL. All 7 of the eggs are looking like that, lots of shadowing and pushing into it, but so far I haven't seen the beak really in it to say for sure they have internally pipped. I put them in on 11/15, originally I was counting that as Day 1, which would make today Day 24. But then I read that you actually count Day 1 as the next day, so Day 23. They're still just a kicking and moving around. I could've shown it a lot better but I didn't want to pick the egg up and disturb him (or her) lol. Have I mentioned that I am SO EXCITED lol. It's hard to not sit there and just watch them constantly lol.

Thanks! I am super excited, I swear I go in there every 30 minutes to check on them LOL. All 7 of the eggs are looking like that, lots of shadowing and pushing into it, but so far I haven't seen the beak really in it to say for sure they have internally pipped. I put them in on 11/15, originally I was counting that as Day 1, which would make today Day 24. But then I read that you actually count Day 1 as the next day, so Day 23. They're still just a kicking and moving around. I could've shown it a lot better but I didn't want to pick the egg up and disturb him (or her) lol. Have I mentioned that I am SO EXCITED lol. It's hard to not sit there and just watch them constantly lol.
I know the feeling. It’s very exciting :)
Picking them up can disorient them do your doing it the right way by candling but leaving them exactly where they are
The shadowing along the air cell can be a day or two before they break into it
But it’s perfectly fine to candle a few times a day to look for the internal pip. The higher humidity matters once external happens so it’s still safe
Many don’t touch their eggs and are set against it. I’m the opposite and find the more I know the better my hatch rates got.
Keep is updated
I’m so excited for you

I know the feeling. It’s very exciting :)
Picking them up can disorient them do your doing it the right way by candling but leaving them exactly where they are
The shadowing along the air cell can be a day or two before they break into it
But it’s perfectly fine to candle a few times a day to look for the internal pip. The higher humidity matters once external happens so it’s still safe
Many don’t touch their eggs and are set against it. I’m the opposite and find the more I know the better my hatch rates got.
Keep is updated
I’m so excited for you

I seriously can't thank you enough for helping to guide me through this! It has made me feel much better and more confident with this second batch. I only wish the first batch would have been successful but your knowledge and help has me confident that these guys will all make it through hatching! I only wish I would have posted here sooner!! Thank you again! I will keep updating, don't worry LOL!

I seriously can't thank you enough for helping to guide me through this! It has made me feel much better and more confident with this second batch. I only wish the first batch would have been successful but your knowledge and help has me confident that these guys will all make it through hatching! I only wish I would have posted here sooner!! Thank you again! I will keep updating, don't worry LOL!
I’m so glad I can help
I had a great mentor after I lost my first baby having fast hands that caused the little one to hatch to early not absorbed enough
She isn’t on here as much anymore but @WVduckchick gave me so much knowledge and confidence and guided me through assists with good results.
@Miss Lydia also kept me very calm as well as I was so nervous
The little family on Byc site makes things so much better :)

I’m so glad I can help
I had a great mentor after I lost my first baby having fast hands that caused the little one to hatch to early not absorbed enough
She isn’t on here as much anymore but @WVduckchick gave me so much knowledge and confidence and guided me through assists with good results.
@Miss Lydia also kept me very calm as well as I was so nervous
The little family on Byc site makes things so much better :)

@New duck mommy 2021 I woke up this morning to a 'Motion Detected" on the little camera I have on my eggs, I thought we had a hatch.. Nope, just this little guy getting some exercise in LOL 😂

@New duck mommy 2021 I woke up this morning to a 'Motion Detected" on the little camera I have on my eggs, I thought we had a hatch.. Nope, just this little guy getting some exercise in LOL 😂

He must be getting into position and ready for his hatch
It’s usually a 2-3 day process
They take a long time but you will enjoy getting to watch every moment of it :)
The first time my eggs had moved I didn’t see them actually move but I had swore I had them a certain way and a few were not where I put them
I thought I was going crazy till I saw it move lol

He must be getting into position and ready for his hatch
It’s usually a 2-3 day process
They take a long time but you will enjoy getting to watch every moment of it :)
The first time my eggs had moved I didn’t see them actually move but I had swore I had them a certain way and a few were not where I put them
I thought I was going crazy till I saw it move lol
I knew if I told someone that the eggs were moving, they'd look at me like i was crazy LOL. That's why I put that little camera over them so I could catch it on camera for proof...Or maybe I am crazy 😂

I knew if I told someone that the eggs were moving, they'd look at me like i was crazy LOL. That's why I put that little camera over them so I could catch it on camera for proof...Or maybe I am crazy 😂
It’s the coolest thing to watch
Have shy got the beak into the air fell yet ?

It’s the coolest thing to watch
Have shy got the beak into the air fell yet ?
@New duck mommy 2021 They all have lots of shadowing and moving alot, so far I haven't seen a beak in the air sac to say for sure. I got a video of the most active one (the one rolling the egg all around lol). He even rolled it around while I was videoing him, guess he thought I could see better the other way LOL.

Back
Top Bottom