Hatching Sebastopol Eggs

Ambowren

Hatching
Oct 23, 2020
I am new to incubating Goose eggs. I've read some comments in goose incubation and see that these eggs are had to incubate and produce. Does anyone have advice to help make sure I do the best possible?

I have incubator set at 99.5 degrees and them to set to turn 4-5 times per day. Today is the day I am placing them in the incubator.

I would love advice from those experiences in incubating sebastopol geese.

@Pyxis hatches a lot of Tufted Romans, so maybe she can help with the Sebbies. I haven't hatched goose eggs in a hundred years. I let the hen do it. I'm impressed you are getting eggs this late.

@Pyxis hatches a lot of Tufted Romans, so maybe she can help with the Sebbies. I haven't hatched goose eggs in a hundred years. I let the hen do it. I'm impressed you are getting eggs this late.
It's been an extremely unusual year for many Sebbie owners in the south! I've seen a lot of people having an unusual breeding going on right now. It's 2020 lol. I'm gonna try to hatch. Hopefully she will have a normal season in the spring.

:welcomeI hatched Canadian geese in April and we used a still air incubator. I would say that humidity wise, since waterfowl need more humidity than other fowl, the still air was better at keeping a steady humidity than my forced air. Where I would only have to add water to the still air every few days to a week, I would have to almost add water everyday to the forced air one. I think the forced air in my opinion works better for chickens than geese. I am a newbie however and that’s just my personal opinion. Hatching the geese was so much fun, since they imprint they thought of me and my sister as parents and they were a lot more friendlier than chickens. I do have hatching rates to back my opinion, 7 out of 10 goose eggs hatched and we only had one infertile and two infected ones, and in the forced air hatching chickens we only lost two to infection and one from suffocation, it externally pipped and then shifted itself and covered the hole. That was the best chicken hatch rate I have ever had. Good luck with your hatching, I hope everything goes well!

Are you looking to sell them if they do hatch? Im in Florida and would love to add some to my flock!!!!! Good luck hatching!

I am new to incubating Goose eggs. I've read some comments in goose incubation and see that these eggs are had to incubate and produce. Does anyone have advice to help make sure I do the best possible?

I have incubator set at 99.5 degrees and them to set to turn 4-5 times per day. Today is the day I am placing them in the incubator.

I would love advice from those experiences in incubating sebastopol geese.

Are you looking to sell them if they do hatch? Im in Florida and would love to add some to my flock!!!!! Good luck hatching!

:welcomeI hatched Canadian geese in April and we used a still air incubator. I would say that humidity wise, since waterfowl need more humidity than other fowl, the still air was better at keeping a steady humidity than my forced air. Where I would only have to add water to the still air every few days to a week, I would have to almost add water everyday to the forced air one. I think the forced air in my opinion works better for chickens than geese. I am a newbie however and that’s just my personal opinion. Hatching the geese was so much fun, since they imprint they thought of me and my sister as parents and they were a lot more friendlier than chickens. I do have hatching rates to back my opinion, 7 out of 10 goose eggs hatched and we only had one infertile and two infected ones, and in the forced air hatching chickens we only lost two to infection and one from suffocation, it externally pipped and then shifted itself and covered the hole. That was the best chicken hatch rate I have ever had. Good luck with your hatching, I hope everything goes well!
If you dont mind me asking, where did you purchase your canadian geese? And what brand of incubator did you use?

Back
Top Bottom