Hatching shipped eggs

Will do, I always run it for a couple of days before putting anything in it to make sure there is no malfuctions! Sheesh, I am going to have to get a second one for the ducks eggs. I think my husband is going to shoot me!!! Sorry honey we can't have a family meal the dining room is covered in incubators.
tongue.png
:!!!

Light Brahma's!!! We are also getting a trio from a show breeder. So hopefully between the eggs from Tennesee and our trio we will have a nice start!!!

When I get shipped eggs in the summer, if when I unwrap the eggs they are warm/hot, I put them straight into the incubator, I just shut off the turner for 48 hours or so. If I get eggs in the fall and the eggs are cool, I let them come up to room temp then put them into the incubator but leave the turner off for 48 hours or so.

hi dee, as soon as the girls lay four more eggs i will be packing them up for there gross country trip. i hope its a smooth ride.

Quote:
Thank you, I can't wait to get them!!! I have never ordered eggs before, it is kinda exciting, especially since we have had such horrible weather, it will be like a little dose of spring early!!!!
bun.gif

When I get shipped eggs in the summer, if when I unwrap the eggs they are warm/hot, I put them straight into the incubator, I just shut off the turner for 48 hours or so. If I get eggs in the fall and the eggs are cool, I let them come up to room temp then put them into the incubator but leave the turner off for 48 hours or so.
I ordered eggs from Florida. Did not know to let them rest 24 hrs before putting them in the incubator. It's been on and set for three days. Do you think they will hatch anyway.? Flustered to find out the 24 he rule..the temp between there and here are about the same. 80`s...they were quite warm unwrapping them...New at this..:(

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom