hatching trouble

TimG

Songster
11 Years
Jul 23, 2008
Maine
One of the eggs in my incubator pipped (on the top) and now is sitting in a puddle of yellow-brownish liquid. What has happened?

This has already been pushed to page 2, so I'm bumping it in hopes that someone might have an answer.

I figured you would have gotten an answer by now. Has there been any progress on the egg? I have no idea what's going on, but sure hope someone sees it that can help soon!
hugs.gif

No progress on this egg -- I'm pretty sure the chick is dead. I'm just curious to know whether anyone might be able to explain what happened.

Quote:
It was not the first to pip, in fact it pipped rather late in the game relative to the other eggs in the batch, though it was not the last.

I noticed this morning when I took the remaining chicks out of the incubator that this chick had started its zip and got about 1/4 way around.

I took the egg apart. No obvious signs (to me) of what went wrong. The membrane was not sticking to any part of the chick. No especially bloody parts.

The yellowish liquid did not look bloody, though a bit of red blood could easily have been what gave it a bit of a brownish appearance. There was no pool of it in the egg. But, my guess would have to be that the chick drowned in the liquid as the liquid was escaping the egg.

Back
Top Bottom