Hatching turkey eggs in a Brinsea mini?

charlie1463

In the Brooder
May 29, 2019
Hello Everyone ?
I bought a Brinsea mini which I have had successful hatches with. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to do turkey eggs in one?
My concern is if I tried and was successful theres no room for them stand and walk after hatching. I was thinking of only putting 2-4 max.
It takes 7 chicken eggs.
Thank for any input Charlene

Hello Everyone ?
I bought a Brinsea mini which I have had successful hatches with. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to do turkey eggs in one?
My concern is if I tried and was successful theres no room for them stand and walk after hatching. I was thinking of only putting 2-4 max.
It takes 7 chicken eggs.
Thank for any input Charlene
Hi there, welcome to BYC! :frow

If you put only 2 eggs... what if only 1 hatches... will you raise a lone poult?

I would consider adding an extender ring for height kinda like I see on some kitchen appliances, example...
https://www.amazon.com/NuWave-Oven-...SS7FZ2Q2N5F&psc=1&refRID=6HJXRJMHBSS7FZ2Q2N5F
Best wishes on your adventure! :)

I have a Brinsea Mini now though I haven't used it to hatch anything yet, it's quite small. I have hatched turkeys in my IncuView because the turkey eggs were too large for the turner in my Nurture Right 360.

The turkey eggs definitely won't fit if you're hoping to use the auto turner but it might work with 4 eggs turned sideways if you're planning on hand turning.

Back
Top Bottom