hatching turkey eggs

turkey crazy

Hatching
10 Years
Mar 16, 2009
hello just this year we moved and have enough room for some chickens and turkeys, order some from a farm 4 turkey 3 broad breasted and 1 bourbon red the bourbon red died, we have 31 chickens only orded 20 any how have enjoyed the turkeys so much that i wanted to go to the next step by hatching them my self so i order 3 bourbon red and bought a 1588 hovabator /turner they had been up to 26 days, i built my own candler and found that 1 was not fertile but the other two were as black and had the air sack clear at the top, it is now on the 29th day and im getting nervous with no activity,my wife swears she heard them peeping on the evening of the 28th day and scratching but i never. how long should i leave them in the incub, before i take them out to see what happend or if it is normal to go over a couple days when hatching. any info would be good, thank you, nervous expecting father

I have only had one hatch my experience was this: one turkey hatched on day 27 and the second turkey hatched on day 30. Not a noise from them prior and they hatched quickly and were pretty quiet once hatched. Good luck and I hope they hatch for you.

big_smile.png
thanks i was starting to wonder about them so i really really want to thank you . i cant describe the feeling that they should have hatched by now and havent but i guess ill ride them out

Back
Top Bottom