Hatching With the kids.

ECreech81

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 29, 2010
Kentucky
The kids want to Hatch eggs and i would try but I don't have much cash to buy an incubator. Whats a good(cheap) solution for just hatching a few eggs at Home.

I recommend the Brinsea Mini Eco or Mini Advance (they also make one that controls humidity, but it's quite a bit more). They have web specials at http://www.brinsea.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=52. I have the Mini Advance and I love it because we put it right on the kitchen counter and can watch the eggs all the time. Great viewing for hatching, too! Here are some pics...
50766_cimg2785.jpg

50766_cimg2840.jpg

50766_cimg2846.jpg

Quote:
LOL! And not just the kids, either! My husband and I have sat for almost 3 hours straight watching the eggs pip and zip and hatch. I never would have thought he would do that, but the miracle of birth is a powerful thing! When our first batch of eggs was getting ready to hatch, we were actually alerted by our Rottie, who could hear the chicks peeping inside their eggs. You've never seen such a happy dog -- she thinks they're her babies. I know there are larger and fancier incubators, but this is a good size for just a few eggs and the opportunity to observe the hatch so well is fabulous.

Back
Top Bottom