!!! HATS OFF TO INVENTOR OF COOKIE TIN HEATER THANKS !!

pattya

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 2, 2008
BYC Member posted his/her idea on message board and inspired me to make one. The cookie tin heater was made using a exterior light bulb socket with a 40 wt high temperature oven light held in place with a reflector light bracket using a 6x32x1.5 inch stainless bolt secured thru bottom of tin and bracket.The plug is rubber outdoor type used to make extension cords.After placing lid on the unit is pluged into a THERMOCUBE (MFG by Farm Innovators available @ TSC) that allows current to come on @ 35 degrees off @ 45.
9791_mvc-637f.jpg

Last edited:
Yes I put the lid on the cookie tin with a 2 gallon stainless restaurant steamtable container on top for water.It has worked great with temps from 12 -20 out of the wind.

Quote:
What a GREAT idea! NOt that i need one really but i know people who do!............
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I was wondering the same thing.... I was waiting for the reply to your question as well. lol
smile.png
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
i made one using the larger tins that three-kinds-of-popcorn come in at Xmas time, and put it in the larger coop with my hens just to see if they would use it as a place to get warm by...sure enuf they did!!

I set it up on a cement tile and that way its up off the coop floor/shavings by 2 inches.

they like to stand/sit around it on the really cold days (12 degrees).
it's on a timer so it's only on a few hours each morning and night.

Yes, I spoil my girls.

That is about $44 cheaper then the 3 gallon heated waterer that leaks water all over the coop! ugh.

(edited for the thought of wouldn't that be a cool heater for an incubator...hmmmm)

Last edited:
Quote:
made 3 water heaters today. was wondering if they would huddle around 1. what size bulb do you use in the popcorn size? if you put a transparent lid they could get heat and light.

Back
Top Bottom