Have a a big problem been losing poults.

That one ended up dying before I made it back from work so I text my vet and ask to send it in to see what’s going on. He’s supposed to call and let me know what to do. It’s in cool temps so I’ll let you know what it ends up being. Thank you for the help.

Okay so while I was waiting on the results to come in I had one more dye but i started noticing the LA 200 and vet RX and terramycin mix was helping them get better ( actually I think the other ones in the quarantine pen might have been the culprit on the last one dying). Every day they would look better and finally a few days ago I got the results. Luckily it was just a sinus infection. I guess I still have a lot to learn about them. I didn’t know just a sinus infection would be that contagious 🤷‍♂️. Anyway thank you all for all of your help. I would have lost a lot more if I hadn’t found the LA/ Vet RX / Terramycin mix.

Did the vet culture the bacteria of the sinus infection? Was it MG? If it responded to the oxytetracycline, it was most likely MG or mycoplasma gallisepticum. That is a chronic respiratory disease. Most people close their flocks for the life of the chicken flock, since it will keep spreading by contact or even through the hatching egg.

I took it to a lab and had a necropsy done on her. He said they tested for the major diseases. I wish they would have called me honestly. He said just a general sinus infection

They hadn’t sent anything yet. But that would be great
You had this through your state lab right?
If you don't hear anything, get an email communication of letter in a few days, give them a call and ask them to send you the report.
I've never not seen anyone get some kind of written report sent to them. (letter or email)

Back
Top Bottom