Have a a big problem been losing poults.

Well all I know is I took it to ODA in Ryenoldsburg Ohio and they called my Vet. So the Vet called me and specifically said the test came back and it was not Coryza or Avian Flu or anything nasty like that it was just a general sinus infection. I have not received an email or letter in the mail yet. I will call them Monday to see if I can get something. I would like to know also but they never called me just my vet. 🤷‍♂️

I am in Ohio as well, and the state vet told me once a couple of years ago that they have to send reports to your local vet. They could not respond to me, but had to respond to my local vet . So, I would call them and ask specifically if they cultured mycoplasma gallisepticum or something else. Ask for a specific bacteria on the report. Or go there and be pushy.

Good to know. You would think if it was your animal they would contact you but guess they don’t. I will definitely call them Monday and ask some questions. I know the vet very well heck he was in my wedding so I know he means well just doesn’t have the time for certain things. There are just so many hours in the day so I’ll contact him and get more into details. I’m new to chicken disease and such so I’m not so good at it yet. I am very appreciative to all the suggestions and will keep you up to date. Thank you

Is this what you wanted to see? These are some of the test done

Attachments

• 9251A4FF-6361-49D4-BC9B-C3A17925BD56.jpeg
    9251A4FF-6361-49D4-BC9B-C3A17925BD56.jpeg
    209.1 KB · Views: 20
Yes, that's the report.

Looks like Infectious Coryza.

Do you have any birds that are sick now or have the symptoms cleared up?

Infectious Coryza makes birds carriers for life, so any new birds you introduce can become sick from the disease. You may also notice symptoms flare up during times of stress like molting, flock upsets, weather changes, etc. Keep your flock closed, this means no selling or giving away hatching eggs, birds/chicks or showing birds.

It would be a good idea to have a Sulfa antibiotic on hand as suggested in previous posts. This way if you do have any that become symptomatic you can treat right away.

Back
Top Bottom