Have a crowing pullet

If its a boy its also a girl. The last potential boy laid an egg on the morning I heard the other crowing sound. ALL of the other chickens (except 3 yo old roo) are female and lay.

I think my pullet is confused. She's an indoor henlet that sometimes crows. I think it's a she, because the baby roo I bought her with started really crowing a month earlier (He was five months) and I was forced to rehome him. (We can't have roosters in town.) Well. Delta, the one pictured, sounds like she is doing this crowing bit now too. But it's only in the morning and no other time. She's smaller than her brother when I had him at the time. She's my only indoor henlet. Could this be her confusion? Should I be checking her in to a vet? Or does she need to be outside? I've put her outside many times, she jumps my fence and sits on the patio at night because she wants to be indoors. :I

I think my pullet is confused. She's an indoor henlet that sometimes crows. I think it's a she, because the baby roo I bought her with started really crowing a month earlier (He was five months) and I was forced to rehome him. (We can't have roosters in town.) Well. Delta, the one pictured, sounds like she is doing this crowing bit now too. But it's only in the morning and no other time. She's smaller than her brother when I had him at the time. She's my only indoor henlet. Could this be her confusion? Should I be checking her in to a vet? Or does she need to be outside? I've put her outside many times, she jumps my fence and sits on the patio at night because she wants to be indoors. :I
Need a much better picture with natural lighting, but looks like a cockerel to me.

welcome-byc.gif

He doesn't sound confused at all, just slower to develop than his brother. That's a male.

Update on Delta. We got him a no crow collar and in a week, we're putting him with the flock. Hopefully. He's deeply spoiled and thints he belongs indoors.

Back
Top Bottom