Have I been duped again?!

Novice Homesteader

In the Brooder
Oct 1, 2021
I guess they saw me coming.
I bought 4 Rhode Island red pullet chicks from tractor supply. Three turned out to be RIR roosters and one was a Buckeye pullet. I kept the Buckeye and found a home for the roosters (not easy). I decided to try again and went to Rural King. More choices so I decided to get different kinds for a little variety. I chose 2 Barred Rocks and 2 Ameraucaunas. Well they are older now (12 weeks) and I don't know what I have. I am hoping at least 2 of them are females at this point. Can anyone help!

Attachments

• 20211001_140944[1].jpg
    20211001_140944[1].jpg
    573.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 20211001_141043[1].jpg
    20211001_141043[1].jpg
    563.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 20211001_141050[1].jpg
    20211001_141050[1].jpg
    583.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 20211001_141115[1].jpg
    20211001_141115[1].jpg
    474.1 KB · Views: 14
I bought 4 Rhode Island red pullet chicks from tractor supply. Three turned out to be RIR roosters and one was a Buckeye pullet. I kept the Buckeye and found a home for the roosters (not easy). I decided to try again and went to Rural King. More choices so I decided to get different kinds for a little variety. I chose 2 Barred Rocks and 2 Ameraucaunas. Well they are older now (12 weeks) and I don't know what I have. I am hoping at least 2 of them are females at this point. Can anyone help!
They are all pullets! And I agree that 1 is a speckled sussex and one is an Easter Egger.

They are all pullets! And I agree that 1 is a speckled sussex and one is an Easter Egger.
YAAAY! Ya'll have made my day. Now I just have to finish the new chicken coop. The old one is too small for all of them and the RIRs are territorial so I will intro the new chicks to the new house first and the RIRs last. At least that is the plan.

I was wondering how good the sexing was at TSC. We almost bought some white leghorn pullets from their bins today.

Back
Top Bottom