have i been scamed? now what do i do?

Quote:
So i need to redo what i just did from yet another computer? nuts.
People like me should not have computers.
And yes, ladders and meds are also stupid. I was so close to getting done too.

Well, i dont think you should ashamed.. how were you supposed to know it wasnt microsoft?? I mean, how DO you prove its actually microsoft your talking to?
hu.gif

I often get a pop up that says, send error report to microsoft.. Maybe it's a common problem, so you can assume anyone has done that? And phish for the rest?
Or maybe my pop up, is a scam?

I would've called the bank by now, and any other credit card etc. That has been used by your pc, tell them what happened. The will probley issues new card etc. But better safe then sorry..

Cancel it all, even notify police, they will tell you... What needs to be done..

I got a funny parking ticket from a city four hours away, that I haven't been to in years. I called police just to make sure it wasn't a phishing scam.. She spent 20 min. with me on phone.. Going over every detail of ticket.. Turns out a typo on the city's end, I'd rather report it, then if there is a problem.. It's down on paper.

Report it, how many other people has this happened to without it going reported. They will tell you, what best course of action.

Quote:
i think I should just trust no one for any reason and as KenK says, stop answering the phone.

In my world, nothing good comes from answering the telephone. My wife is gone away for the weekend and our answering machine is blinking that we have four messages. I've messaged her several times since I've been home so I know it's not her.

Not going to hit the play button.

I hate to say it, because I may well be wrong, but it's really probably no big deal if you didn't give them a credit card number.

Get a professional to wipe your computer out, bacause if you allowed them remote access to your computer, then it doesn't matter if you changed passwords or not. Or get some advise here about how to strengthen your firewall, so that they don't have access. And delete your cookies and temporary internet files, as there are tracking cookies that are causing the wrong people to find out that you are emailing Microsoft. And if you call Microsoft and ask them, they will charge you a million dollars a minute for the help. Sorry this has happened, and don't kick yourself, you couldn't have known.

This is why fools should not own computers, what are my temporary Internet files?
How do I wipe cookies?
Would I be safe if I just unplugged everything until I can get to a geek on Monday?
I am about to call all of the banks now to make sure there is no activity and to block any new activity.
Drat it all.
I mean they won't get away with much, but when you have little, every dime counts. what a fool I am.
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom